• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Blackpool FA Cup 1st Rnd 2018 Build-up and Prediction

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Twenty years ago the 1st Round of the FA Cup used to be greatly anticipated, but now it seems to have lost its shine. But I still love it, and hope there is a good crowd to cheer the lads on. Who knows, it might lead to a lucrative and exciting tie against one of the big shots.
Forte is back, but no mention of Holmes.
I predict a 3-0 City win, although that defies logic somewhat.
Come on da Redz !

Copernicus

Yep, the greedy Premier****e "clubs" have torn the heart out of the FA cup.

Plastic fans too.

I think we are going to struggle again... 0-2

Avening Posse

The memories of 80/81 are alive and well down under, hoping to go 1 better and make at least the semi finals this season UTC :)

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Not got a good feeling about tomorrow; think we will lose. Hope I'm wrong.

Stelios

Tough game. But I thought the same in 2005 versus Donny....... They were 'League 1' too.

Terryhall

Replay of the playoff final, I'm hopeful of a result but not confident of a result... I predict the same result as we had at Wembley :(

AndrewP

Do we know how many tx Blackpool have sold ?. What do we think attn. will be like ?.
Can't decide whether to pop down for it or not... 2 league games at home this month already - i'm torn...
Think we need to put on a show, they're not a bad side though and it'll be a toughie.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Do we know how many tx Blackpool have sold ?. What do we think attn. will be like ?.
Can't decide whether to pop down for it or not... 2 league games at home this month already - i'm torn...
Think we need to put on a show, they're not a bad side though and it'll be a toughie.
The away attendance might be low because the fans that boycott home games will not travel as their hard-earned is shared in the FA Cup and they vow not to give a penny to the Oystons. League games are different. Shame really as the away team still get 45% of the gate, regardless.

Oldsmobile-88

Looks like it will be a tough game tomorrow.Blackpool are 9th in L1 & are having a good season.
We have not created much in front of goal in the past month.I’m expecting a draw.
It should be interesting to see how many turn up for this game.Well done to the club for the price reduction,as already pointed out,not as much interest these days,so everything helps.
I doubt Blackpool will bring that many fans down.228 for their last visit & I would be surprised if it was more than that tomorrow.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are always a few local exiles and London based fans so despite the boycott I'll go 200.

The away end is ready, I had a nose round after the game last night and all OK, the barrier was put up in the last week and just the advertising boards to be put in place. A pity so few will christen it.