• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Tranmere - Saturday 3rd November 2018

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym (fitness permitting, no idea what his situation is).

Sweeney Martin Croll Moxey

Taylor Tillson Law Holmes (fitness permitting)

Stockley Forte

I'm not a fan of playing Taylor out wide however he hasn't been at his best this season and we need Law in the middle offering some creativity.

What line up would you go with ?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably not too different to that one. The ‘fitness permitting’ players - probably move Deano up and play Woodman at LB with Hamon in goal. Law has to be in the middle, he’s simply better than Taylor and if he does have to be shoehorned in then stick him further out. Tillson to sit deeper, defence to stop hoofing.

IndoMike

Stockley Forte

I'm not a fan of playing Taylor out wide however he hasn't been at his best this season and we need Law in the middle offering some creativity.

Switch Tilson with Collins.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Switch Tilson with Collins.
Who's playing the holding role ?

IndoMike

Who's playing the holding role ?
Why must there be a holding role? This "holding" role with only one striker makes for negative football. And if you have a holding role player and two strikers then the central-attacking midfield is short.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

I read an article recently about Norwood, and he says he plays a speed game now where he tries to play like Vardy, and waits for the killer pass to run onto. Not sure how much of that is true or how quick he is these days, but if that is where a lot of his goals are coming from we'll need to think about who picks him up. Scoring for fun at the moment

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why must there be a holding role? This "holding" role with only one striker makes for negative football. And if you have a holding role player and two strikers then the central-attacking midfield is short.
You don't need to play a holding midfielder however if you play two up front with two attack minded central midfielders expect us to concede plenty.

If we play Law in the middle we need to play a more defensive minded player alongside him, that's my opinion, I may not be right.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Stockley Forte

Same as that only give O’Shea a go instead of Tilson

IndoMike

You don't need to play a holding midfielder however if you play two up front with two attack minded central midfielders expect us to concede plenty.

If we play Law in the middle we need to play a more defensive minded player alongside him, that's my opinion, I may not be right.
I also may not be right, of course. I continue to maintain however that having Tilson and JT as kind of defensive midfielders it too much.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also may not be right, of course. I continue to maintain however that having Tilson and JT as kind of defensive midfielders it too much.
I agree, I wouldn't be playing Tillson and Taylor as a two in the middle.