• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Absent Friends ?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Since Hants on Sat, deleted a number of posts on Banter Base's "Ark the Herald" the likes of Ramone and G2K seem to be noticeable by their absence from these esteemed boards. Just wondered what was happening and if some sort of "bannage" was in place ? Given that as I recall, the posts were in relation to nefarious goings on down in Britain's "Ocean City" (still find it hard not to smirk at that title) could possibly "trotters" have been furiously pounding the keyboards down in Jannerland and complaining or threatening our beloved mods ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No one has been banned. The posts that were deleted were personal abuse and were not within the rules of this forum.

STURTZ

So can we take it there was no third party threatening legal action then?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No there wasn't.

However, we have always made it clear (and there is a sticky thread in the forum which Hants "bumped") that personal attacks are not allowed, and the Banter Base is supposed to be a forum for light-hearted banter about our rivals.

The forum has died a death somewhat due to ourselves, the GAWS and the Chipnickers all being in different divisions, but it serves to keep the "banter" out of WoWS.

Antony Moxey

I don’t think different divisions has anything to do with it, more to do with how crushingly embarrassing both teams’ respective performances on - and - off the pitch have become over the last couple of years or so.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That's odd, I could have sworn we'd got to Wembley in successive seasons and had made a huge profit plus finally redeveloped our ground, while the GAWS got promoted and narrowly missed the playoffs last season.

Antony Moxey

That's odd, I could have sworn we'd got to Wembley in successive seasons and had made a huge profit plus finally redeveloped our ground, while the GAWS got promoted and narrowly missed the playoffs last season.
What’s odd is what you’re rather poorly trying to say. Plymouth’s performance off the pitch in the last couple of seasons has been tragic for a town with close on a third of a million population. On the pitch the only decent players are now elsewhere, and last season they began with five straight home defeats each with a red card for one of their players. Form picked up, but they never got over that dreadful start.

This season has hardly been anything to crow about either, with their start, if it was at all possible, worse than last season with, as we speak, a quarter of the way through the season, a paltry two wins to their name. Off field they continue to operate as though the club is merely an afterthought for the owner.

In the mean time we’ve made more money from transfers than the rest of the division put together, have an academy the envy of the western world, have two brand new stands that cost us buttons, been to Wembley twice in play-off finals and currently sit in an automatic promotion spot.

As for Torquay, well if it was an animal you’d have had it put down out of kindness years ago.

Yet you find it ‘odd’ that I post that their respective performances on and off the pitch have been embarrassing over the course of the last couple of seasons? How odd.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
When you said "both teams" I assumed you meant us. Torquay - yes, I get that. The GAWS, however bad they are this season and at this stage last season, have had a couple of successful seasons when all's said and done.

Antony Moxey

FFS Jase, do I have to spell it out in words of one syllable? By any metric you care to mention last season they were s**** (yes, they got close to the playoffs but their start did for them so in the end it was still an awful season) and this season they’re even worse. Argyle have NOTHING to crow over against us at the moment which is the point behind my suggestion as to why they don’t frequent BB as much as they used to.

As for ‘both teams’, you were the one who mentioned Plymouth AND Torquay.

Last edited: