• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers Matchday Thread

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reuben Reid & Lloyd James back at the Park.

Will we go 11 unbeaten? Will Lee Holmes play 90 minutes?

Come on you Reds.

rustle

Don't forget their manager Cooper as well, tough player who did well for us.
Expecting a tight game, FGR are doing much better this season but with our 'strength in depth' we should have another three points by 5.
Plus another reason to remember Stanno, always with us with the new OG opening.
COYR!

PeteUSA

...Reuben Reid back at the Park.
I was advised on the Prediction thread by Colesman Ballz (in a somewhat sarcastic fashion) that if I'd read that thread properly, Reid is unlikely to play having missed the last two games. So no doubt he'll now play!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A cold day and an early start so I can get to the Trust AGM. Will be great seeing people in the new grandstand!

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/10/25/next-up-exeter-city-vs-forest-green-rovers-2/

Rog H K

With the launch of the Poppy Appeal yesterday for the 100th anniversary of the armistice the Supporters Club have done a small exibit with the 13 players that at one time played for the Club in either the Reserves or 1st team that lost their lives during the Great War of 1914/18.
This is in the corner of the stage area of the down stairs bar area of the centre spot and will be up for a few weeks. There will be a table nearby where you can pick up a poppy or badge. Also is produced by the SC is a 16 page booklet that has a bit of history on the players and their resting places and some great pictures. Monies going in the Direction of the RBL Poppy appeal.
I 4-1 Will be there selling them so please pop bye or 'poppy buy' Thanks[ecfc](y)
UTC

With the launch of the Poppy Appeal yesterday for the 100th anniversary of the armistice the Supporters Club have done a small exibit with the 13 players that at one time played for the Club in either the Reserves or 1st team that lost their lives during the Great War of 1914/18.
This is in the corner of the stage area of the down stairs bar area of the centre spot and will be up for a few weeks. There will be a table nearby where you can pick up a poppy or badge. Also is produced by the SC is a 16 page booklet that has a bit of history on the players and their resting places and some great pictures. Monies going in the Direction of the RBL Poppy appeal.
I 4-1 Will be there selling them so please pop bye or 'poppy buy' Thanks[ecfc](y)
UTC
Well done Rog and Stevie Darke. I think you have been too modest on here to mention that you guys went out to the war graves in France/Belgium and put wreaths on from Exeter City supporters. Thanks for that too.

Andy Holloway

The Supporters Club have also sponsored an RBL Silent Soldier which is in position on the St James Rd, end wall of the Centre Spot.

David Treharne

It's a gloriously bright but chilly morning. It's currently 4c. We've had 4mm of rain in the last 24 hours and the wind is blowing 2 from WNW. However the wind will shift around during the course of the day according to the shifting barometric pressure and will probably move to NW and then NNE which means that it ain't going to be very warm during the course of the day. Good morning to Rustle in Hong Kong - bet it's warmer there! Coats, hats and gloves probably needed together with sunnies, at least for the first 45 minutes of the game.

This is the only report today, as like Hants, I'm off to the Trust AGM which is unlikely to finish much before one-ish (unless of course they totally dispense with AOB as they did last year - in which case it'll finish earlier) Some interesting business, not least because of the resignation of yet another Trust Secretary. This is my 20th Trust AGM - the first was held in the late lamented Centre Spot in the company of a scoffing Club Director.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is the sort of opposition we need to put away if we have serious intentions of reaching the autos. Big win today please to send Forest Green and their cabbage breath back up the motorway with nothing to show for their day out.

No injuries or cards either please. UTC

Alistair20000

One of the football journalists in the Racing Post has us as his banker to beat the Vegetables this afternoon. Hope that is not the kiss of death.