• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clocks changing

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, it's that time of year again, when we endure the disruption and disorientation of the clocks going back an hour.

So what are the (UK based) Exewebbers views on this?

Should we:
a) Leave things as they - ie BST in the summer and GMT in the winter.
b) Stick to BST all year round - ie slightly lighter in the evenings but darker in the mornings
c) Stick to GMT all year round (the "true Meridian time" - ie slightly lighter in the morning but darker much earlier in the evenings
or, possibly,
d) Switch to Arizonan time during the football season for the convenience of our most reliable assessor of glove and whistlemen? (NB: Other expats need NOT apply ;) )

Last edited:

IndoMike

As an expat I find it most inconvenient that City's matches will now start at 10 p.m and not 9 p.m. and that it's time to discard this ridiculous idiosyncracy. Still, I guess it gives people something to talk about back in the old country to brighten up those gloomy Autumn days.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will take b) please

Alistair20000

I will take b) please
I concur.

Do we go through this kerfuffle just to please the Jocks ?

Spoonz Red E

Parsleysage Rosemarian Time for me.

elginCity

Once Jacob Rees-Mogg is PM the clocks will go back 150 years, and then should stay with b).

Tim Long

May I throw 'double summertime' into the mix (ie 2 hours ahead of GMT) ? I do understand tha soem parts of Scotland may not get light in winter until 11am, but that's a north-south rather than east-west thing.

ExeterCityLad

There is only one correct answer to this. And it's option A.

Thread can now be closed.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will take b) please
^^^^^^ This.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hate the clocks going back, but love it, love it (like Kevin Keegan) when they go forward - so it really evens out for me. Overall, I'd tend towards the status quo. After saying all that, I'm finding it hard to adjust this year, and by the time nine o'clock comes round I'm starting to think about donning my nightcap and long nightshirt.