• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Grimsby predictions

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm concerned about this banana skin of a fixture. Everyone playing the October Predictions game put us down for a win and for that reason I am not confident.

We'll be lucky to come home with a point but Taylor's plucky gameplans and substitutions deserve some rewards so I'm going for a 1-1 draw with Forte rescuing the point in the 99th minute.

Corey

Grimsby been atrocious most of the season, 4-0 win for me with a Jayden Stockley hatrick. Feeling optimistic.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have to think about this one, don't know why but thought Grimsby were at home.

les.gtfc

Grimsby been atrocious most of the season, 4-0 win for me with a Jayden Stockley hatrick. Feeling optimistic.
Correct, we have been. Apart from early in the season when we drew 1 all with Lincoln, but should have beaten them comfortably and the first half away at MK Dons we've been awful and lost 6 games on the trot, scoring only one goal but the last 2 games have seen a marked improvement and we've been playing far better. A win at Carlisle was followed by a 2-0 home win over Port Vale and with last Saturday's game being postponed, we're still unbeaten in October and are actually going for 3 wins on the bounce.

However, I do think you'll be a little too strong for us but I hope the game will be a lot closer than you are expecting.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct, we have been. Apart from early in the season when we drew 1 all with Lincoln, but should have beaten them comfortably and the first half away at MK Dons we've been awful and lost 6 games on the trot, scoring only one goal but the last 2 games have seen a marked improvement and we've been playing far better. A win at Carlisle was followed by a 2-0 home win over Port Vale and with last Saturday's game being postponed, we're still unbeaten in October and are actually going for 3 wins on the bounce.

However, I do think you'll be a little too strong for us but I hope the game will be a lot closer than you are expecting.
Giving this one a miss.

I just hope it's a better game than last season's. Our successful penalty and Grimsby's missed one were the only memorable events in a dire 90+ minutes.

2-1 City.

rifraf

I also think it will be tight, but still going for an away win based on MT keeping the team focussed.

Driving up, leaving tomorrow.

To all those going ………. see you there.

IndoMike

Hope Grimsby's enforced break might have taken the sting out of their momentum. 2-0 UTC

Avening Posse

Fancy us to win, they may have won a couple but were terrible before that. 2-1 Stockley Holmes

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym to keep a clean sheet, and Stockley to get a brace (missing a sitter for his hattrick opportunity) 0-3 to the mighty Grecians L. Martin with the third. 235 well travelled Grecians enjoying the match

Grecian_in_Plymouth

always seen us win here, so there's a death knell if ever there was one.

last years was a poor game and we were lucky, however i feel that momentum is with us.

looking forwards to Les's recommended Fish and chips after the game.