• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Guardian interview

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Read it HERE

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
You’re never pleased until you’re league champions,” Taylor says. “It’s pretty clear where I want this group of players to go.

No doubting the boys' ambition and here's hoping he achieves it (particularly as it could bring me in some season ticket money next season)

IndoMike

Thanks. All seems pretty correct and relevant.

elginCity

I’ll be honest; I didn’t think he was going to go. There was all the talk in the buildup to the play-off final but I just couldn’t imagine Exeter City without him. When it did come to light he was leaving, it all happened so quickly.”
...interesting. ;)

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Great picture with four happy looking players

arthur

Just great. The contrast with a certain interview in a rival publication can't be ignored, however hard I try.

dontpassback

Excellent article and positive interview,what a contrast to the previous managers press incursions!

eurogrecian

Nice article - he's proved very good in public relations.
Also has a mature take on filling the shoes of Paul Tisdale - look to the future, but remember and be grateful for how we got here. Great stuff.
Keep it up, Matt!

...interesting. ;)
I picked up on this too. There are a couple of schools of thought...:

Tisdale didn't want Matty as part of his backroom team at MK and therefore kept the news from him.

Secondly - and the one I'd personally subscribe to - I wonder if Tis had a quiet word with Taggy and suggested Matt as his successor, and henceforth did not factor him into his MK Dons thinking, as he'd be leaving him behind.

And as a slight aside - it's lovely that our manager has an interview with the national press in which his sartorial choices are not discussed or mentioned, along with a picture of him wearing a stupid hat.

andrew p long

Grecian In Bath;1752239 And as a slight aside - it's lovely that our manager has an interview with the national press in which his sartorial choices are not discussed or mentioned said:
Made I chuckle!