Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Flybe Struggling (as ever)

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Re: Flybe Struggling (as ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Some of their pilots have gone to Ryanair who have been recruiting since last year's manning crisis. The Ryanair pilots have been upping sticks for some time and going to the likes of Jet2 who are a better employer.
    Better employer or just paying over the odds in wages ? Loads of people get offered so called better wages only to find the people in charge skimp in other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Another case of bad/overambitious incompetent management screwing up a company and the lives of its employees. Not enough pilots? Did their pilots all suddenly disappear?
    Flybe suspended one who told the management what he thought = taken from a BBC website report:

This January, one employee was moved to send an email accusing the firm's directors of ruining a profitable company.

The employee, a senior pilot, addressed the email to Flybe's chief executive, Ms Ourmieres-Widener.

"Congratulations, in two years at Flybe you and your fellow incompetent cohorts have managed to totally destroy a viable airline which was making profits when you took over," he wrote.

The BBC understands that the airline has suspended the pilot.

Flybe told the BBC that "an individual was suspended on 17 January 2019 in accordance with company policy".

Having stiffed the shareholders, the employees are next in line although the hapless CEO remains in place (for the time being). Her willingness to recommend the consortium's offer as the only survival option may buy here a little time but they won't tolerate her for long. I would be amazed if they continued to sponsor football clubs against the current backdrop especially one based in a city where they are about to slash headcount.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Perhaps Ryanair might replace them as sponsors? - although I recognise such a move might bright with it a lot of unwanted baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Flybe suspended one who told the management what he thought = taken from a BBC website report:

This January, one employee was moved to send an email accusing the firm's directors of ruining a profitable company.

The employee, a senior pilot, addressed the email to Flybe's chief executive, Ms Ourmieres-Widener.

"Congratulations, in two years at Flybe you and your fellow incompetent cohorts have managed to totally destroy a viable airline which was making profits when you took over," he wrote.

Flybe told the BBC that "an individual was suspended on 17 January 2019 in accordance with company policy".

Having stiffed the shareholders, the employees are next in line although the hapless CEO remains in place (for the time being). Her willingness to recommend the consortium's offer as the only survival option may buy here a little time but they won't tolerate her for long. I would be amazed if they continued to sponsor football clubs against the current backdrop especially one based in a city where they are about to slash headcount.
    As I understand it, the pilots have also been shafted by the way that the takeover was conducted. In a previous wage settlement they agreed to accept shares in lieu of cash increases. The bulk of the company and its assets was then transferred in return from the cash injection, which meant the value of their shares plummeted and they are getting just 1p per share ! I think anyone would up joysticks and leave, if their employer treated them like that !

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    Perhaps Ryanair might replace them as sponsors? - although I recognise such a move might bright with it a lot of unwanted baggage.
    We would probably have to pay extra f9r the baggage !!

Quote Originally Posted by dontpassback View Post
    We would probably have to pay extra f9r the baggage !!
    True. But they still might let us "carry on" for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post

Yes, Edward. I saw her interviewed on the box around 6 months ago and her plans and justifications weren't convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Yes, Edward. I saw her interviewed on the box around 6 months ago and her plans and justifications weren't convincing.
    She was on the local lunchtime BBC news as well. Just as slithery as ever when questioned about today's debacle.

Still, don't expect she gives too much of a poo while her doubtlessly hefty monthly pay cheque is still going into her bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    She was on the local lunchtime BBC news as well. Just as slithery as ever when questioned about today's debacle.

Still, don't expect she gives too much of a poo while her doubtlessly hefty monthly pay cheque is still going into her bank.
    if you are a big failure in a business and get "released" you will easily get another well-remunerated post soon after. No problem. These people have the gift of the gab.

Am meant to be flying from Birmingham to Aberdeen in the morning, Been a bit tetchy today as important work business.....They better not let me down (Todays flight got binned!)............ Such a shame it's all gone wrong!