• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Flybe shares have taken a hammering this morning, down over 35% at the moment.

They say they have seen a softening in the market in recent weeks which is never good for a listed company in terms of how the market reacts.

Flybe is now worth 40 odd million, this may sound a reasonable amount however it was valued at a few hundred million a few years ago.

If Flybe continues to struggle over the next year or two the future of the business will be under threat.

Temporarily Exiled

Not good news. I guess I'll try and do my part, will fly back home with Flybe this year.

ExeterCityLad

Not good news. I guess I'll try and do my part, will fly back home with Flybe this year.
Me too. I've just booked a single ticket from Alicante to Exeter with Flybe next month. Every little helps.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd only use Flybe if they were the cheapest option, I see no other reason to use them.

Temporarily Exiled

I'd only use Flybe if they were the cheapest option, I see no other reason to use them.
Supporting a struggling local economy?

geoffwp

I'm afraid I don't travel with the hoi polloi. My private jet is always on standby.

Alistair20000

I'm afraid I don't travel with the hoi polloi. My private jet is always on standby.
Did your woodworking skills help with the building of the said jet ?

Grecian2K

Never realised that the Sopwith Camel came with a jet option?

Boyo

Convenience?

I love landing at Exeter Airport and being sat at home 20 minutes later. So much easier than Bristol, Heathrow or God forbid Gatwick.

Speed?

50 mins from Exeter to London by plane. 2 hours 10 mins by train and 3.5 hrs by car.

StroudGrecian

Geoff was in the original 'flight of the Phoenix'