• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fulham Flare 3 Year Banning Order

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
There was a small piece buried on page 4 of Thursdays Express & Error reporting that the fan in the away end at Craven Cottage, arrested for throwing the flare which hit another female supporter, has received a three year football banning order at Hammersmith Magistrates Court. Seems to be based on a press release from Devon & Cornwall Police's Football Unit.

The 20 year old fan wasn't named, but he will have plenty of time to consider his actions, before being able to experience the delights of the NOG, or any other part of SJP for that matter. "Here endeth the lesson."

PeteUSA

There was a small piece buried on page 4 of Thursdays Express & Error reporting that the fan in the away end at Craven Cottage, arrested for throwing the flare which hit another female supporter, has received a three year football banning order at Hammersmith Magistrates Court. Seems to be based on a press release from Devon & Cornwall Police's Football Unit.

The 20 year old fan wasn't named, but he will have plenty of time to consider his actions, before being able to experience the delights of the NOG, or any other part of SJP for that matter. "Here endeth the lesson."
No doubt other fans at the game will know his name and publicise it. I suspect one or two exewebbers probably know.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
And possibly any other ground ? Banning orders are pretty comprehensive , not like years ago when you just got banned from your own ground for a couple of years they quite often take in the surrounding area's of your home team about a mile or so.

PeteUSA

And possibly any other ground ? Banning orders are pretty comprehensive , not like years ago when you just got banned from your own ground for a couple of years they quite often take in the surrounding area's of your home team about a mile or so.
How is he identifiable at any other grounds though. Even at SJP, I would have thought a disguise of some sort might come into play.

A disguise of some sort might come into play.
A pair of flares perhaps?

I do sometimes wonder if I might venture out in something other that my Farah Frogmouth Pocket Trousers, but common sense always prevails.

Colesman Ballz

Think that they can even extend to when England are playing abroad there is a requirement to hand in your passport. His photo will be on police files, and if they haven't already got it yet, the day will come soon when the police surveillance cameras are equipped with facial recognition cameras ! Big brother will be watching you.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
How is he identifiable at any other grounds though. Even at SJP, I would have thought a disguise of some sort might come into play.
Because after being caught he would have his face picture taken and then before any game where Exeter may be playing would be shown to every local plod in the area.

If caught in the area before during or after the game for a set time period could end up being arrested and or a longer banning order issued , Don't think I would risk another 3 year order for a couple of beers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No doubt other fans at the game will know his name and publicise it. I suspect one or two exewebbers probably know.
Wht does his name need to be known? I was disappointed that the EDGs named him on Facebook before he had gone for trail.

PeteUSA

Why does his name need to be known? I was disappointed that the EDGs named him on Facebook before he had gone for trial.
He doesnt need to be known as far as I'm concerned. I just wondered how the various grounds he might try to visit would identify him. Case in point: So his names already been put about on facebook? Fat lot of good his name not being released did.

Grecian Max

He doesnt need to be known as far as I'm concerned. I just wondered how the various grounds he might try to visit would identify him. Case in point: So his names already been put about on facebook? Fat lot of good his name not being released did.
Pete, banning orders often require you to check in at your local police station on the day of games and can include being banned from town centres/pubs on match days. City have a couple of police that go to every ground to follow “risk” supporters and act as spotters for banned fans too.