• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ex-managers and coaches thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
After Kwame's slightly surreal move to Monaco yesterday I've been trying to work out where our ex-managers and coaches have ended up after leaving City.

Something not totally clear at Monaco - Kwame Amapdu
Head of Liverpool Academy - Alex Inglethorpe
Youth coach at the FA - Lee Skyrme
Southampton u-16 coach - Rob Edwards
MK Dons - too many to mention
Director of football at Charterhouse School - Simon Hayward
currently unemployed - Kevin Nicholson and Paul Buckle

Who have I forgotten?

Temporarily Exiled

You could add Steve Tully to the currently unemployed list (I think?). Used to manage ECFC Ladies, last job in football that I can find was as manager of Truro.

We also have a couple ex-players working as staff: Marcus Stewart is assistant manager at Bristol Rovers; Craig McAllister is player/manager at Gosport Borough in the 7th tier (same division as Tiverton / Taunton).

EDIT: Apparently Stewart did some coaching for us.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
You could add Steve Tully to the currently unemployed list (I think?). Used to manage ECFC Ladies, last job in football that I can find was as manager of Truro.

We also have a couple ex-players working as staff: Marcus Stewart is assistant manager at Bristol Rovers; Craig McAllister is player/manager at Gosport Borough in the 7th tier (same division as Tiverton / Taunton).

At the danger of turning this into an ex players now in management thread, lee Bradbury is manager of Havant and Waterlooville

nick_exmouth

Stuart Storer is Manager at Bedworth United

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Isn't Tully involved in our youth set up?

Temporarily Exiled

Isn't Tully involved in our youth set up?
I have no idea. I know he was involved with the club before he went to Truro, but I don't know what happened after that.

Kingsman

Tully is Citys under 16s coach

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sean Taylor is at Torquay Academy according to Wiki

eurogrecian

After Kwame's slightly surreal move to Monaco yesterday I've been trying to work out where our ex-managers and coaches have ended up after leaving City.

Something not totally clear at Monaco - Kwame Amapdu
Surreal, yes (finished his playing career at Tivvy!), but not totally unexpected, he got to know Henry well when the latter was studying for his coaching qualifications at Arsenal.
Pleased for Kwame, I'm sure all those games at Leigh RMI and Northwich Victoria will stand him in good stead when he reflects on how to nullify Kylian Mbappé etc.....

Grecian_Matt

Paul Buckle is currently the manager of Sacramento Republic.