• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The McCormick Treatment...

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
...still continues it seems? It would appear he got plenty of abuse from the Big Bank today, after 10 years? I thought perhaps a new thread on the LM topic might be an idea, given ramones 'passionate' reaction on the matchday thread. It seems from many that he'll get no forgiveness in this lifetime, and it appears to be justified.

I imagine its a tough one for some, but even tougher for the parents who lost two little boys. I dont quite know what I'd do if I lost either of my two now grown up daughters in that way at his hands; go off of my head I imagine! Does everybody feel the same intensity of hatred towards LM as they did 10 years ago?

manc grecian

It's not for me but won't judge those who join in. Made me laugh that he needed a fwiend to walk out with him in the second half.

He also looked way past his best. Going down in instalments for the goal and for Laws shot near the end.

Fareham Grecian

I imagine its a tough one for some, but even tougher for the parents who lost two little boys. I dont quite know what I'd do if I lost either of my two now grown up daughters in that way at his hands; go off of my head I imagine!
So it wouldn’t affect you at all?

PeteUSA

The only thing I wonder is; Does he get the same treatment from the crowd at every ground he visits, or is the City hatred because he formerly played for Argyle?

PeteUSA

So it wouldn’t affect you at all?
I dont believe I'd get over it FG. I dont know what therapy deals with that level of grief. Those boys must be constantly in their parents minds.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Do people still have the same hatred against someone 10 20 30 + years later I say yes they do , nothing can replace a loved one at the hands of a drunk driver when it could have been easily avoided with the cost of a taxi ride.

That was his choice and his alone.

Jazzi

I dont believe I'd get over it FG. I dont know what therapy deals with that level of grief. Those boys must be constantly in their parents minds.
Yes, but not on the minds of those chanting away today. Can't imagine that come next Thursday any will be thinking of Luke McCormick or those who died as a result of his actions.

arthur

I think you'll find that the person who benefits most from forgiving is the forgiver. They can start to move on rather than being forever stuck in a trough of anger and grief

Ashford Grecian

It's big and clever to chant this kind of stuff though isn't it??? Look at the Sunderland away game in the league cup as another classic example.... The person continually being sung about wasn't event in the squad that night...

AndrewP

I commented on the matchday thread at the time. I find it ignorant, puerille and disrespectful. It was 10 years ago, the law of the land sent him to prison and the law of the land decided to release him. As a professional footballer prior to his incarceration, he is entitled to earn his living that way on release.

The family involved will never get over it, it was a horrible horrible crime. How does a juvenille and inconsiderate crowd chanting consistently help this?. It shows them (and by association the club) in a horrible light and it is embarassing and sad.

Move on now, the family can't and probably won't, but the numbskulls constantly chanting have no connection to the family and just use it as an ill informed opportunity for disrespect.

Hate it!