• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hopefully we'll get totally back on track with a resounding win!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you are having a good run of form starting the Matchday Thread off just lately Pete. A good omen I reckon.

Avening Posse

I will be sleeping through this one, but looking forward to reading about a resounding win on this thread in the morning UTC

denzel

Desperately awaiting Dr Dave's weather forecast. It's been a bit of a rough 24 hours.

I note Law is a doubt and Jayden and Aaron are on 4 bookings. Swindon are one of the few teams with a worse disciplinary record than us. I'm not expecting this to be pretty, but I'm past caring if we can eek out a win.

Colesman Ballz

It's going to be a pretty soggy afternoon, and hopefully a miserable one for that foul mouthed oaf Phil Brown. Three points for starters, and hopefully the Flybe will be in good voice with their "seal chants", giving it "large" to Mr B, after his last visit with Southend ! UTC

Last edited:

Red Devon

Despite yesterday’s heavy rain...a 30% chance of rain at 3 o’clock this afternoon 19c, 20 mph southerly winds and 90% humidity I’m expecting the pitch to hold up well in mid October...hopefully City will play the conditions better than at Yeovil last Saturday and claim all 3 points

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still rough outside it's not going to be easy conditions this afternoon - is not going to be easy on the eye. So any win will do and lets put one over on Mr B
COYR [ecfc][ecfc]

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
A day for Forte and Stockley up front together, if Law isn't available I'd put Boateng out wide and keep Tillson in the middle with Taylor, if Law is fit the manager has some tough decisions to make. I'm hoping Ogbene is available this week after he had to pull out at Yeovil, we need to see more of him, his pace could be devastating at this level.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will those of us on the Big Bank be all huddled up at the back out of the wind and rain?

3 points please!

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/10/11/next-up-exeter-city-vs-swindon-town-2/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Limited train service to St James Park Halt due to rugby.

Not sure of what engineering works are going on that will effect travel to Exeter.