• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crosswords

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spin off from the Music Quiz thread for those who enjoy a cryptic crossword puzzle.

I've done a slightly larger Music themed one, no winners and losers here - just have fun completing in your own time.

Pen and paper version

Interactive version

I look forward to one of you clever bods doing an ECFC one.

Stelios

Gave it a go but a bit too cryptic for me!

Who else remembers Crosswits, the glorious crossword-based quiz show hosted by Barry Cryer and then Tom O'Connor?

I won't forget Tom delivering his message at the end "And remember, never a cross word" in his soft Bootle accent.

IndoMike

I got the first clue then swiftly went downhill.

Terryhall

Got 9 so far but suspect some might be outside the realms of my musical knowledge...

At least I got the one I really ought to get (Ska band often heard in restaurants (3,8))

Terryhall

(Too late to edit, apologies for double post) - up to 15 and off to get something to eat to inspire a surge at the rest.

Swanaldo

Gave it a go but a bit too cryptic for me!
The one I did on the Music Quiz thread wasn't cryptic enough! It's hard to find a balance. :D

Swanaldo

Some might be outside the realms of my musical knowledge...
There's probably only one artist on there that isn't a household name, but I had to include her 'cos she's my favourite. (Japanese cat carrier? (4,4))

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's probably only one artist on there that isn't a household name, but I had to include her 'cos she's my favourite. (Japanese cat carrier? (4,4))
If you'd have put "she's my favourite" at first then I'd have got it.

Tim Long

There's probably only one artist on there that isn't a household name
This is 2018, isn't it ? When did Derek Amitri last have a hit (even under his more familiar first name) ? Was it the Scottish World Cup anthem Don't Come Home Too Soon ? Or are you specifically referring to your own household ?