Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Away End Name

Re: New Away End Name

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    Don't like the idea of any City legend being associated with a shed that accommodates an away team's oiks, they deserve much better !
    Aye....I know the decision has been made to name the Stagecoach after Adam Stansfield,a player who died in service,I am not knocking the decision & understand why it was made,but i think Tony Kellows name on the new stand would have been more appropriate.His name was well know in football across the country when he was in his prime.

Iím sure many will disagree with me about that..Adams legacy is already well remembered at SJP...A difficult call Iím sure for the club with all of the sentiment around.
    Last edited by Oldsmobile-88; 06 October 2018 at 12:09.

Don't like the idea of any City legend being associated with a shed that accommodates an away team's oiks, they deserve much better !
    Precisely! Possibly something a little more tongue in cheek.....'Standy McStandface'?

I actually quite like the idea of calling it the Barn, it links with Cowshed.

But what about the City End ? Geographically good and it's gonna mess with the away fans heads when buying tickets.

The Bell Enders ?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post

But what about the City End ? Geographically good and it's gonna mess with the away fans heads when buying tickets.
    People will think they're coming to a farm, Billy. Tongue in cheek, perhaps?

For the second time in this thread, I'm agreeing with Elgy. What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    People will think they're coming to a farm, Billy. Tongue in cheek, perhaps?
    Who, me ? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    I kinda agree. And, the problem with choosing one City hero for the name of the new away end is that it excludes the many more : Arnie and Banksy are just 2 examples. Even Cliff Bastin.
    Stanno is a different case for the NOG and very appropriate.
    I still say just The St. James Rd Stand
    Isn't the big bank the Bastin Stand?
    Tony Kellow stand for me. Still all over the opposition from beyond the grave!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bill View Post
    Isn't the big bank the Bastin Stand?
    Tony Kellow stand for me. Still all over the opposition from beyond the grave!
    Thatchers BB ..Though it’s named after a cider rather than a former PM ..

Kellow stand for the away end !! Never.I would prefer if it was just called the St James Rd end,rather than name a secondhand stand after a true Grecian legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post

Obviously you rejected 'The Shed'? That would mess with their heads geographically, especially if they are travelling from near Gatwick Airport! A big game across town in West London!!!