Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Keith Harvey

Re: RIP Keith Harvey

R.I.P Keith.Enjoyed watching you what seems so very very long ago.

Very sad to hear about Kieth's passing.

When i was young he used to live up behind us in Credition and could often be seen walking down the lane, by our house, on his way to catch the bus into Exeter for training.

It was, and to a certain degree still is, what lower league football is all about, the players being part of and visible in their local community.

Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
    R.I.P Keith.Enjoyed watching you what seems so very very long ago.
    I am with you on this one, time marching on.

My first season being allowed the freedom to go to games on my own was 61-62. Keith was one tough customer on the pitch but off it and with us young kids he was brilliant. A player from an age when pro footballers didn't have an ounce of ego. A very different time and so glad for the memories. Thank you Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    My first season being allowed the freedom to go to games on my own was 61-62. Keith was one tough customer on the pitch but off it and with us young kids he was brilliant. A player from an age when pro footballers didn't have an ounce of ego. A very different time and so glad for the memories. Thank you Keith.
    Hear hear......

Very Sad News

RIP Keith.

I remember Keith playing for the old Third Division South team against the Third Division North. That reflected his quality in that league. I only ever remember him missing one penalty by hitting the right post against Northampton. He always took penalties the same way, a right side footed shot which invariably sent any keeper the wrong way (no TV cameras in those days to spoil his run of success!).
    RIP Keith, thanks for the memories.

So of that promotion team photo in 63-64 that featured Keith the following are no longer with us; Cec Smyth, Alan Barnett, Dave Hancock, Dermot Curtis and Arnold Mitchell.
    Des Anderson, Adrian Thorne and Alan Banks are still going strong if Wiki is to be trusted.
    That leaves; Les MacDonald, Graham Rees and Derek Grace that I can find nothing about. So if anyone knows about those three I would like to know. There haven't been too many promotion teams.
    Last edited by geoffwp; 04 October 2018 at 20:09.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffwp View Post
    So of that promotion team photo in 63-64 that featured Keith the following are no longer with us; Cec Smyth, Alan Barnett, Dave Hancock, Dermot Curtis and Arnold Mitchell.
    Des Anderson, Adrian Thorne and Alan Banks are still going strong if Wiki is to be trusted.
    That leaves; Les MacDonald, Graham Rees and Derek Grace that I can find nothing about. So if anyone knows about those three I would like to know. There haven't been too many promotion teams.
    Graham Rees spent an afternoon with the history project http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/2510

Derek Grace http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/1931
    Last edited by Hants_red; 04 October 2018 at 20:26.

Thanks Hants. Good to listen to Graham. I note that the info on Derek Grace stops in '08.