• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who's going to sit in the new grandstand?

The Doctor

Didn't know whether this should go on the redevelopment thread or not but here goes...

I think the ground now looks great and I'm really looking forward to seeing it full at some point in the near future.

I'd like to know who is going to sit in the new stand.

Will the majority of the old grandstanders make it their new home?

Will it mainly seat the more part time fans who can't get a seat for the Flybe?

Will there be a singing section close to the away fans, the old grandstand fans were often up for a sing song, with Steve Perryman the main cheerleader, over recent years. This kind of set up exists in many grounds.

Is anybody planning to migrate to that side of the pitch for the first time? The rest of the ground should look great from that stand.

Will the middle sections sell like hot cakes and the far corner be, in the main, sparsely populated?

Anybody planning to go in there once in the first few games and then go back to their normal spot?

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

100milesaway

Why doesn’t it stretch the length of the pitch?
It looks great and I’ll definitely try it out

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't know whether this should go on the redevelopment thread or not but here goes...

I think the ground now looks great and I'm really looking forward to seeing it full at some point in the near future.

I'd like to know who is going to sit in the new stand.

Will the majority of the old grandstanders make it their new home?

Will it mainly seat the more part time fans who can't get a seat for the Flybe?

Will there be a singing section close to the away fans, the old grandstand fans were often up for a sing song, with Steve Perryman the main cheerleader, over recent years. This kind of set up exists in many grounds.

Is anybody planning to migrate to that side of the pitch for the first time? The rest of the ground should look great from that stand.

Will the middle sections sell like hot cakes and the far corner be, in the main, sparsely populated?

Anybody planning to go in there once in the first few games and then go back to their normal spot?

What are your thoughts?
It's not the New Grandstand. It's the New Old Grandstand.

NOG.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like to sit in the NOG but I'm poor and I live about 200 miles away.

Stelios

Views should be great because the rake of the stand looks steep. (I really like using the word 'rake' in a stadium context)

Can't imagine there will be much singing. Especially now Perryman has gone. Will there be a bar/alcohol under the stand? If so, should help the atmosphere a bit ;)

People sat on the end closest to the BB would have got wet during the Cheltenham game.

Can't see A block getting much use apart from FA Cup 3rd Round games?

Will be odd not waiting to clap players off after a game.

Can't wait to give it a go (y)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
About 330 of us ST holders will be moving into Blocks C and D from the FGR game onwards, unless there are last minute delays.

Block B will be available for match by match sale as needed once the full H&S clearance is given.

Block A will presumably be unused most of the time unless we play a big team in the Cup or someone like Argyle or Pompey with 1500 away fans in the league. Of course if we get promoted that will happen more often.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having moved to the Big Bank from the Flybe this season we will give the NOG a try when it opens.

Stelios

Will there be 'pay on the gate' (apart from big games etc)?

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will there be 'pay on the gate' (apart from big games etc)?
There are plans for a ticket booth on that side of the ground at the bottom end of the Jungle Path. The main body of the booth will be in the space behind the turnstiles with windows opening onto the jungle path itself.

CityTillIDie

Bb is my home but gonna watch one game in nog and one in new away end