• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby - 20 Oct

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Clap clap from me, got a rare full weekend pass as the Missus and Madam are visiting friends in Kernow for the half term.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Always love the trip to Grimsby from Barnsley with the Yorkshire Grecians.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Driving up,so a 0630 start,not particularly looking forward to that part,get back from California on the Thursday at 4pm & hope not to be too jet lagged on the Saturday !.
There is a rather nice chip shop near to Blundell Park,that should sway any doubt :D

les.gtfc

Driving up,so a 0630 start,not particularly looking forward to that part,get back from California on the Thursday at 4pm & hope not to be too jet lagged on the Saturday !.
There is a rather nice chip shop near to Blundell Park,that should sway any doubt :D
The chippy near the ground is nowhere near as good as Steeles or Ernie Becketts in The Market Place. Steeles is only a restaurant though but a visit there is a must IF you have the time. I'm looking forward to the game too, hopefully we've turned the corner with our win at Carlisle on Tuesday night after 6 defeats on the spin and hopefully we'll get a decent result at home to Port Vale on Saturday too.

Looking forward to meeting up with a few of you for a couple of pre-match pints.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

The chippy near the ground is nowhere near as good as Steeles or Ernie Becketts in The Market Place. Steeles is only a restaurant though but a visit there is a must IF you have the time.
I'm still trying to finish the haddock and chips that I was served in Steel's 18 months ago.

Oldsmobile-88

The chippy near the ground is nowhere near as good as Steeles or Ernie Becketts in The Market Place. Steeles is only a restaurant though but a visit there is a must IF you have the time. I'm looking forward to the game too, hopefully we've turned the corner with our win at Carlisle on Tuesday night after 6 defeats on the spin and hopefully we'll get a decent result at home to Port Vale on Saturday too.

Looking forward to meeting up with a few of you for a couple of pre-match pints.
Probably see you in the Blundell Park Hotel Les(assuming it’s still open) Travelling up with Dave G & poss a couple of others.

les.gtfc

Probably see you in the Blundell Park Hotel Les(assuming it’s still open) Travelling up with Dave G & poss a couple of others.
Yeah, Blundell Park Hotel is still open. Depends what time you make it here as a couple in Clee first might be an idea.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Going to be quite a special game for me as, all being well, I'll be joined at the match by one of my uni housemates, whom I haven't seen since our respective weddings in 2002.

les.gtfc

This is now our next league game with our game at Mansfield being postponed as they have 3 players unavailable due to international duty!!

Grecian2K

This is now our next league game with our game at Mansfield being postponed as they have 3 players unavailable due to international duty!!
How come? Have they been selected for Derby County? (Or, more likely, Stafford Rangers??) ;)