• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Buy Out clauses seem to be relatively new but I guess they now form part of most contract negotiations. If the player felt it was outrageously high and would hinder any onward move he would not sign.

Given that we signed him for £100K it would seem unlikely, If he continues to perform as he is currently doing, any BO clause would be anywhere near to what his potential transfer value would be.

On that basis it would appear to be in our best interests to, within reason, do whatever necessary to keep him happy.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

tonykellowfan

Buy Out clauses seem to be relatively new but I guess they now form part of most contract negotiations. If the player felt it was outrageously high and would hinder any onward move he would not sign.

Given that we signed him for £100K it would seem unlikely, If he continues to perform as he is currently doing, any BO clause would be anywhere near to what his potential transfer value would be.

On that basis it would appear to be in our best interests to, within reason, do whatever necessary to keep him happy.
I heard the buyout clause is 600k.

ExeterCityLad

What a great interview. The video can also be found here. He seems to be loving it down here, which surely means his price goes up!

https://twitter.com/OfficialECFC/status/1050411092730671104

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Didn't Taggy say after the JMT case that all the other contracts were free of any special stipulations?

ExeterCityLad

Didn't Taggy say after the JMT case that all the other contracts were free of any special stipulations?
"To avoid further conjecture this contractual situation and the circumstances surrounding it were unique and do not apply to any other squad member."

I would assume this means nobody else has a leave for free clause, rather than a buy out clause.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/julian-tagg-on-jordan-moore-taylors-contract/

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
"To avoid further conjecture this contractual situation and the circumstances surrounding it were unique and do not apply to any other squad member."

I would assume this means nobody else has a leave for free clause, rather than a buy out clause.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/julian-tagg-on-jordan-moore-taylors-contract/
Yes - could be that

hienzeECFC

i think i'm right in saying he signed a 3 year contract when he joined - when he moves and how much for will probably be down to if and when he signs an extension, which i would imagine will come down to if we can go up this season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him extend for at least an extra year if we're in league 1, but if we fail to go up, i suspect he'll go in the summer as the club wont want to allow a £100k signing to go on a free the following year.

Temporarily Exiled

If that was true he'd have been snapped up this summer. Bolton agreed to pay £1m for Doidge - the market is always there for strikers that can score freely.

i think i'm right in saying he signed a 3 year contract when he joined - when he moves and how much for will probably be down to if and when he signs an extension, which i would imagine will come down to if we can go up this season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him extend for at least an extra year if we're in league 1, but if we fail to go up, i suspect he'll go in the summer as the club wont want to allow a £100k signing to go on a free the following year.
Promotion is worth more than £100k for us. If he can help take us up, he should stay (and risk him leaving for free).

ExeterCityLad

We're not in need of cash (Although of course, always welcome)

Shouldn't sell Stockers unless we get £1.5m+

He seems to be loving his time here, offer him a new contract in the summer with a 1-2 year extension and increase his wages to keep him happy. He's got a family now and I expect wants to settle down and not be moving around at the moment. Everything is in our favour.

However, every club and every player has their price - Ours shouldn't be as low as £1m. Stockley is better than Doidge, and he's younger.