• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Firstly, let me be clear I'm a big fan of Jayden.

That said, and I dare say someone has some stats which completely disprove this theory, it seems to me he scores far fewer goals with his head then you might reasonably expect for someone of his [physical] stature. Indeed, I'd go as far as to say that while he's great at flicking the ball on for a team-mate, he doesn't convert anywhere near as many headed chances as you might hope.]
Not knowing your header expectation hope these stats help https://www.statbunker.com/players/getPlayerStats?player_id=32101

Andy Holloway

To be perfectly honest i'm not in the slightest bothered how the ball ends up in the back of the net from Jayden as long as it does, with monotonous regularity for opposition teams.

Head, shoulder, foot knee, backside who really cares as long as he keeps knocking them in.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Neither do I or how many attempts he has as long as he has them, and also with him on the team he detracts the attention for other players to score which is one of the reasons why why we have three players in the top twenty scorers in the division

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Nice bit in the Football League paper today with Jayden answering questions about team mates etc.

For those who don't buy it and like to have a quick read while waiting the their other half its a couple of pages in from the back.

sign of the chimes

I always feel with Jayden he only really goes into top gear when he has scored. Before this he spends a lot of time looking disgruntled and moaning at his fellow players for presenting the ball in the wrong place. Once he has scored he appears to me to be rejuvenated and more of a handful.
I think his time at Bournemouth coincided with Brett Pitman's. If Jayden learned from Brett then the description above sounds apt. He'll carry on scoring you a load of goals though.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
The more I watch Jayden the happier I am that we've got him - he is such a good player and extremely useful for us. He batters defenders, holds the ball up, wins free kicks, scores goals, great engine - when Tis bought him I wondered if we needed to spend that money on someone in that position when we had Reid already knocking them in, but Tis was spot on - Stockley is a class act.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He’s not in Curetons league IMO - Curetons movement around the 18 yard box was different class and a joy to watch from the bank but he’s a very consistent performer is Stockley and certainly one of city’s big hitters

geoffwp

2 more good goals from Stockley today. Puts him top equal with Norwood who has a slightly better strike rate per minute. The Jaden machine rolls on.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’s not in Curetons league IMO - Curetons movement around the 18 yard box was different class and a joy to watch from the bank but he’s a very consistent performer is Stockley and certainly one of city’s big hitters
Different type of player. And only 25.

IMO he was the one bright spark is a lacklustre City performance at Yeovil today.

Red Devon

Different type of player. And only 25.

IMO he was the one bright spark is a lacklustre City performance at Yeovil today.
Yes he was as good in our box as he was theirs