• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pierce Sweeney Love

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
While Pierce may not be the best right back in the world defensively speaking, it is quite unbelievable how much he has added going forward in recent games. Constantly threatening down the right, his timing of runs and weighting of passes is amazing, the ball to Boateng for the assist on Nicky Law's goal last week was for me the best thing any City player did all match (in a great performance) and then yesterday??

This!!??

https://twitter.com/OfficialECFC/status/1043819741058609152

This guy is fast becoming a City legend

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
While Pierce may not be the best right back in the world defensively speaking, it is quite unbelievable how much he has added going forward in recent games. Constantly threatening down the right, his timing of runs and weighting of passes is amazing, the ball to Boateng for the assist on Nicky Law's goal last week was for me the best thing any City player did all match (in a great performance) and then yesterday??

This!!??

https://twitter.com/OfficialECFC/status/1043819741058609152

This guy is fast becoming a City legend
Helluva goal...

Fareham Grecian

Goal of the season Shirley. Boy’s a hero.

STURTZ

From behind the goal you could see that shot curling in, absolute belter!

IndoMike

Funny to see their defender trying to kick the shot away from a standing still position and totally missing it..

whiff

Yesterday's goal was very close to the spot where another right back, Jack Stacey, smashed in a not too dissimilar shot, though admittedly that was with his left foot. Watching Sweeney's goal from yesterday again his technique is incredible; he doesn't have his head over the ball and, if anything, appears to be leaning back ever so slightly yet the ball stays low all the way into the goal. He is already the best penalty taker and crosser in the club and now he is scoring goals like that as well as being massively under-rated defensively.

Grecian2K

Loved the way he seemed to be wheeling away to celebrate before the ball had even hit the net.

HE KNEW!!!!

A quality acquisition, and still growing into our club - Tisdale's final parting gift to us perhaps? If so, thank you Paul. :D

#goalsfromalloverthepitch

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
4 goals from Right back and always to me seems to give 100% - can’t knock the lad IMO

andrew p long

1931 club best signing so far.

Glad that Matt Taylor has the sense to play him at right back , despite all those ‘square peg in a round hole’ criticisms from others.

Colesman Ballz

I don't know about a parting gift from the Cheese G2K, personally I would prefer to give some credit to Eamo, but otherwise fully agree !

Last edited: