• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ignorance

100milesaway

Standing on the Big Bank today (first appearance of the season) Jayden misdirects a header on 76 minutes

‘You’re a pr!ck’ shouts the bloke next to me

Jayden. A great player. A young lad. Nice bloke. Top goal scorer.

81 minutes. Jayden Scores

The same man cheers

A chant goes out. He joins in.

Sometimes I really hate football fans.

RobG

Same fans who sing against their own fans when they need to leave early for trains, boo their players at half time, shout at the manager. We have some awful fans, many bigger clubs wouldnt dare do any of it.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockleys probably the best striker I've seen for us since Cureton.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I probably said " Feck it " under my breath tbh when he misplaced that ball but never abuse at any City player during or after the game.

Take the good with the bad at SJP.

dontpassback

Football fans can be a fickle bunch,always have been always will be,it’s like sunrise and sunset,it’s amazing to hear some of them but that’s the way it is:(

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Every club is the same. Stood in the Blackthorn last season and it was proper special and not in a good way.

Stelios

This has always gone on. Don't think it's just an Exeter thing, just a general football thing, sadly. I've heard it from all 3 home sides at SJP over the years. Worst is people who dislike a particular player and whenever they play well they're silent but the first mistake and they're screaming "HEY! [INSERT NAME HERE], YOU'RE ****ING RUBBISH"

Just can't understand how it can possibly help.

Fareham Grecian

It’s not meant to help, it’s meant to belittle. Sadly the devaluing of education and facts (led by the media and embodied by Trump/Brexit) has encouraged the terminally stupid and inadequate to believe that their views are as valid as anyone else’s, and that they will feel better if they take their inadequacies out on someone else.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember walking onto the Big Bank once and two lads were shouting all sorts at Paul Jones - "You're **** Jonesy" etc etc. This was before kick-off as the players were warming up. Jones hadn't even been playing that badly of late (distribution notwithstanding).

I struggle to think of another sport anywhere in the world where you could see supporters openly abusing a member of their own team before a ball had even been kicked.

Stelios

It’s not meant to help, it’s meant to belittle. Sadly the devaluing of education and facts (led by the media and embodied by Trump/Brexit) has encouraged the terminally stupid and inadequate to believe that their views are as valid as anyone else’s, and that they will feel better if they take their inadequacies out on someone else.
Don't think that helps but I remember seeing 70 year olds screaming all sorts 20 years ago so they must have been 'educated' in the 1940s!