• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Please - Can the commentators be moved....

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
....to the other side of the pitch?

I think anyone watching todays game via iFollow will surely agree with me - we have a beautiful new stand, but it looks really odd ending just past the halfway line like it does. I get the fact that we couldn't have made that stand very much longer, and the powers that be must be applauded for the development we've got; at the risk of being ridiculed though, it looks a total oddity, and filling that triangle with lavatories and food outlets wont help any. Therefore would it not make sense to switch commentary teams to that side, so that the Flybe, the two dugouts, and the entryway from the dressing rooms would form the backdrop?

I know that one highly respected City 'back room boy' thinks that the switch should be considered so that the ground is shown off to the world (literally) in the best light - that certainly isn't the way it looks at the moment. Numorous grounds we've visited this season so far have obviously made a similar switch for the same reason - their clubs image.

When this came up in a previous discussion, it was put forward that the whole issue be shifted to the roof of the nearest white container next to the NOG. I know, in reality it would have to be reinforced, but with that done it would surely work? I know the cameras wouldn't be on the halfway line, but surely thats near enough for the cameraman to work with? I guess the radio commentators could stay where they are - its the visuals that look poor IMHO. Surely chaps, its worth consideration? I dont see how that would cost us very much.

Fareham Grecian

Oh FFS, give it a rest!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oh FFS, give it a rest!
I think he means the cameras anyway. :)

PeteUSA

I think he means the cameras anyway. :)
The cameras at the very least. Commentators, not so much.

Fareham Grecian

The cameras at the very least. Commentators, not so much.
So you disagree with your own thread title?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
So you disagree with your own thread title?
Pate is never wrong .......... apart from when he is right which is when he is usually wrong as well.

Are you going to fund any sort of movement of the camera crew ? because as far as we know you haven't even put any monies into the Trust as yet.

PeteUSA

I took my time drafting this OP in the best way I could, in order to generate some sensible input regarding the betterment of the ground IMHO. Do we really have to put up with one line meaningless responses for my efforts? Is blatently taking the thread off topic by trying to create an argument permissable now?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
OK so why start yet another pointless thread when you know already it isn't going to happen due to the logistics of moving everything needed as you were told many months ago ?

PeteUSA

Well, since you're on a roll, what exactly are the "logistics" that cant be overcome? What does "moving everything" mean exactly?

Fareham Grecian

I took my time drafting this OP in the best way I could, in order to generate some sensible input regarding the betterment of the ground IMHO. Do we really have to put up with one line meaningless responses for my efforts? Is blatently taking the thread off topic by trying to create an argument permissable now?
*blatantly
*permissible

And there is no such word as ‘betterment’. Though I can accept that there may be one in the US. But this is an English website.