• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've got a 100% record this season with matchday threads so make of that what you like.

Up the City! [ecfc][G]

Avening Posse

Any win please UTC

Rog H K

I've got a 100% record this season with matchday threads so make of that what you like.

Up the City! [ecfc][G]
Me too, if Penalties are in the rules. I'm thinking of hanging up my boots on MDT thread starts:D

Back to today, would like to see us pushing 5k today. Train strikes on the Waterloo line for the 10th consecutive week doesn't help! May be a tad damp too! Less than evens for the win today on the coupon and on paper you can see why, but you don't play footy on paper! Come on City, keep up the pressure at the summit.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seems an age since I was at SJP, so looking forward to today. With heavy rain forecast,, I guess some NOG Season ticket holders will be keeping half an eye on the new stand to see how well it's protected from the wind and the rain.

This should be a straightforward win for City but I guess Cheltenham will have other ideas on that!

Jason's match preview - http://www.exeweb.com/2018/09/20/next-up-exeter-city-vs-cheltenham-town-3/

StroudGrecian

Come on City, I'm keen to keep bragging rights in Gloucestershire. Gawd knows it took long enough to get them.

David Treharne

It's immaterial that it's 12c (which is the 'coldest' that it's been this week), because there's 100% grey cloud cover and rain that started just after 08:00 this morning, and because of the low wind speed (about force 1 and 'blowing' from the SSE) isn't going to go away in the foreseeable future. It's intermittently quite heavy, but most of the time is a light drizzle. It's also slightly misty. However, the pitch should be in good condition as we had quite substantial rainfall on Thursday evening. For completists there was 2cm of rain in the 24 hours to just now. For those who haven't been to SJP for a while it's starting to look quite tidy, not withstanding the running thread about gaps in grandstands. Could be quite a few students at the game today - if they've managed to get up after last night's jollity - attested to by the traffic cone on my flat roof. Thanks chaps! Always good to add to my assorted collection of DCC related signage and cone-age.

Update around 13:00

Last edited:

Andy Holloway

It could be highly amusing at 5pm if we have gone top by courtesy of MK Dons beating Lincoln and us beating Cheltenham by sufficient goals to overtake their current better goal difference!
Tis doing his former employers a favour.

Steve H

It's absolutely teeming it down in heavitree at the moment and my lawn is beginning to develop standing water.... Guess SJP has better drainage but a couple more hours of this weather may require a pitch inspection

David Treharne

It's 13c , but it feels cooler. The wind has picked up slightly in the last couple of hours, but it's still raining, though downpour is intermittent with spells of light rain. The recent rain has made no impact upon my still parched garden, about 400m from SJP, so I fully expect that at some stage the sprinklers will be on. Droll observation by Andy, above, but I'll wait until ten to five-ish before being amused. They seem to have found scoring goals more difficult this season, but we've got to find a way to unpick their defence. Looking forward to it - bad sign!

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's absolutely teeming it down in heavitree at the moment and my lawn is beginning to develop standing water.... Guess SJP has better drainage but a couple more hours of this weather may require a pitch inspection
Dont be ridiculous