Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Premier league 2018/19

Re: Premier league 2018/19

I’m delighted for Patrick Bamford.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

It was a cracking game to watch and if the final between Derby and Villa is anything like that its going to be unmissable.
    Even though Derby should have won by more as one of the Leeds goals was offside and why the ref gave a free kick in the first half right on the edge of the box for leeds when the guy was even touched was beyond me.
    Goes to show refs in Championship at times aren't any better than League 2 and can get conned .

None of the four play-off sides look anywhere near good enough for the Premier League. When your defence and keeper play like a schoolboy team - which all four did - then gung ho attack attack attack at all costs just won’t work against savvy PL defences, especially when none of the front lines looked all that either.

The Championship really is light years behind the Premier League.

Other footballing nations must look at our second tier and be green with envy that such clubs, in such stadia, with such levels of support aren't even competing in the top division.

Love the Championship me.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    None of the four play-off sides look anywhere near good enough for the Premier League. When your defence and keeper play like a schoolboy team - which all four did - then gung ho attack attack attack at all costs just won’t work against savvy PL defences, especially when none of the front lines looked all that either.

The Championship really is light years behind the Premier League.
    I agree that it's generally hard for promoted Championship teams to compete in the Premier League, although Wolves have done very well. But play-offs are like Cup games and you have to throw some caution to the wind. I saw a lot of good football last night. In general attacking football is making a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Other footballing nations must look at our second tier and be green with envy that such clubs, in such stadia, with such levels of support aren't even competing in the top division.

Love the Championship me.
    The attendances/grounds etc are superb and it's a great competitive league but a lot of the football is bang average. The crowds are big because England is a football mad country. It's weird because every season we're told how wonderful the Championship is and how strong it is but as soon as they're in the Premiership 2/3 of the promoted teams are absolutely useless and look completely out of depth. Whisper it but there is a lot of dross in the Premier League too.

It's Division 2 and they're in Division 2 for a reason. Full of players like Dwight Gale and Patrick Bamford. I just can't get that excited about it. This idea of "re-branding" it as a "Premier League 2" is laughable. I'll watch it if it's on but I'll watch park game if I'm out for a walk too. I just like watching football. I do approve of 2 up front and mad open free-flowing tactics though. Give me that over a dour 4-5-1 any day.

I raise an eyebrow when 'Big' Championship clubs complain about not getting a bigger share of EFL TV revenues but presumably if they got promoted they'd not complain about getting equal TV money with the likes of Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea? Or would they prefer the Spanish model where only the giants of Madrid and Barcelona get the lion's share because they bring in the TV audiences?
    Last edited by Stelios; 16 May 2019 at 10:18.

Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City to take over as player manager at Anderlect

Aston Villa promoted

Cracking playoff final two very good teams at Wembley today, Derby pushed Villa all the way.

Can’t see Villa have any worries in the Prem next season.

Potential new owners at St James's Park, Sheik Mansour's half brother. Will it go through or yet another false dawn in the wait to see the back of Mike Ashley. We wait, we see and we wonder.