• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Europe v US Ryder Cup 2018

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Yanks have few weaknesses in their line-up and will be hard to beat, especially with their determined whippersnappers.
Europe has selected four experienced warhorses to supplement a team with 5 Ryder Cup novices.
I can't see Europe winning this just based on the hope that our team spirit will be stronger.
Great competition, though.
PS. Anyone who shouts "Get in the hole" should be ejected immediately.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Custodial sentence for anyone shouting "Get in the hole" on the tee of a par five.

Stelios

Agreed. They have a whole repertoire now including such things as "MASH POTATOES!!!!!!!!!" and other witty gems.

Europe are going to get thrashed, sadly.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Risky selection of Sergio Garcia for the Europe team. Since winning the Masters his form has been awful. Have to hope that playing in a team, the memory of Seve, and his experience can come through. My prediction is that the Yanks will pull away on the last day of singles.

IndoMike

Will continue this interesting chat with myself. Isn't sport great? After the first four 4-balls it looked like the Yanks would walk away with this. Then in the 2-balls (awaits jokes) Europe
win all 4 matches to lead 5-3. On paper I don't like our picks for this morning's 4-balls, but the Ryder Cup is something else. Thought the atmosphere might be a bit flat in Paris but it seems it was really good. Overall a great start to the tournament with lots of excitement to come, but I still worry the Yanks will beat us up on the final day singles matches.
My prediction is that we will have a 3-point lead at the end of today, leaving Europe to win 5 from 12 matches tomorrow to regain the Cup.

Alistair20000

Up in 3 games at present and A/S in the other. So far the Molinari/Fleetwood combo has been outstanding.

IndoMike

Up in 3 games at present and A/S in the other. So far the Molinari/Fleetwood combo has been outstanding.
So far, so good. Yanks just can't play well in a team......tomorrow might be a different story..

Alistair20000

A good morning with Molinari and Fleetwood keeping their 100% record. (clap)

Stelios

Europe are going to get thrashed, sadly.
This is up there with my thoughts that Sweeney should get dropped for the Notts County game.......... (face palm)

Shame the event isn't live on terrestrial anymore because it's always great viewing. USA a completely different beast away from home. I thought they'd carry on their Hazeltine form from 2 years ago.

What is up with Europe's clothes though? USA colours yesterday (navy and red). Brown today....... Shocker!

Last edited:

IndoMike

This is up there with my thoughts that Sweeney should get dropped for the Notts County game.......... (face palm)

Shame the event isn't live on terrestrial anymore because it's always great viewing. USA a completely different beast away from home. I thought they'd carry on their Hazeltine form from 2 years ago.

What is up with Europe's clothes though? USA colours yesterday (navy and red). Brown today....... Shocker!
I also can't watch it on TV. Frustrated to watch a great competition with a great atmosphere. I too predicted a win for the Yanks, and it can still happen-they usually do well in the singles. But the Fleetwood Molinary team is doing really well. Hoping we can have a 5-point lead tonight, meaning we only have to win 4 matches tomorrow.