• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield 15th September

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A trip to Field Mill(no idea what they call it these days) is usually a happy occasion on & off the pitch for travelling Grecians...A couple of train changes from Exeter.Birmingham NS & Nottingham.

Usual ticket spit to Birmingham(Exe-Tau-BTM-Chelt-BNS off peak day return)then a day return to Mansfield is the cheapest option I have found on the last couple of visits.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Match ticket bought a few weeks ago. Not decided on whether I'll stay up the night before yet.

fred binneys head

Defo going to this one - as Olds says, it's normally a very happy hunting ground for the boys. I think this year will be the toughest test for a while though.

Oldsmobile-88

Defo going to this one - as Olds says, it's normally a very happy hunting ground for the boys. I think this year will be the toughest test for a while though.
Yep..And it will be a lot tougher test than we have had so far on the road this season in the league..

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No clap clap from me, despite no Cricket or Football playing duties.

Red Nose

A trip to Field Mill(no idea what they call it these days) is usually a happy occasion on & off the pitch for travelling Grecians...A couple of train changes from Exeter.Birmingham NS & Nottingham.

Usual ticket spit to Birmingham(Exe-Tau-BTM-Chelt-BNS off peak day return)then a day return to Mansfield is the cheapest option I have found on the last couple of visits.
Olds - which route and train are you looking at for the return? The only option I can see takes 6.5 hours with changes at Notts, Newport and Bristol.

LOG

There's electrification work around Bristol Parkway and it looks like the trains north are having to go via Newport. It doesn't look like you have to change there but it adds time.

Oldsmobile-88

Olds - which route and train are you looking at for the return? The only option I can see takes 6.5 hours with changes at Notts, Newport and Bristol.
Yep..Just checked,lucky you mentioned that.I usually buy the tickets on the day & would have been stuck at Bristol
The 2012 Crosscountry off of Birmingham NS which I have used for years to get back to Exeter,seems to only go to Bristol(I know Virgin trains have altered some Crosscountry routes recently) which is a pain..

That is a long old slog back....RaWZ is looking into why the 2012 appears to be curtailed on the timetable.

Oldsmobile-88

Ah I know why Russ, it's because Bristol Parkway is closed for 3 weeks so all the XC services are diverting via Newport so it puts an extra hour on the journey

RaWZ has sent me the above text,which explains it..

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
...and I wonder whether Lionel should use his invisibility to fight crime.