• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

It's Back! Kellow's Bootlaces! Hurrah!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: It's Back!

I think he was referring to LED advertising boards in front of the Stagecoach Adam Stansfield Stand a.k.a. the NOG.
Probably right, thanks.

Grecian Max

Probably right, thanks.
Good step for the club getting the LED boards in, probably a better purchase than a scoreboard IMO. Very few clubs at this level have them I think? I've not seen any in L2.

Grecian Max

Also, great show again. Listened rather than watched this time as was at work, it's great to hear about the behind the scenes stuff. Thought Mark Jenkins came across really well.

andrew p long

Great stuff. Always good fun and interesting too. Proper job.
Agree with this.

Two points for Kirky; Jayden doesn’t have ‘about 30’ goals for City. It’s 43, in less than two seasons.

And Fred Binney didn’t play up front on his own; don’t forget Dick Plumb!

PeteUSA

Good shout, Andrew. During the 72-73 season, Binney and Plumb played most of the games, with Plumb at center forward and Binney playing inside right. Plumb did weigh in with the goals, but Binney scored more. It often appeared as if Fred played up front most of the time because he largely did! He chased after everything and anything!

Red Monster

Good shout, Andrew. During the 72-73 season, Binney and Plumb played most of the games, with Plumb at center forward and Binney playing inside right. Plumb did weigh in with the goals, but Binney scored more. It often appeared as if Fred played up front most of the time because he largely did! He chased after everything and anything!
Fred Binney best finisher i’ve seen in a City shirt.

STURTZ

Thought Kirky was a bit scant on his Banks Beer and Binney knowledge. Did he say Binney was a big centre forward? Brave, quick and tricky inside left I'd say, he had a good partnership with Alan Banks, with Wingate playing the big man role. Oh, but Beer and Kellow, the best forward partnership ever no question!

Still don't understand why Flack is up there, just cos nobody else ever wanted him I'd say.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Still don't understand why Flack is up there, just cos nobody else ever wanted him I'd say.
Turned down a 90K move to Grimsby I thought

PeteUSA

Turned down a 90K move to Grimsby I thought
So he said! I think he was putting the pressure on for a pay-rise! ;)

STURTZ

So he said! I think he was putting the pressure on for a pay-rise! ;)
wouldn't surprise me, always upped his game when it was new contract time.