• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Was letting go of Norwood the Tisdale's biggest mistake?

bringbackflack

Its been mentioned in another thread but I think it deserves its own. The boy is banging them in for fun now... most people here recognised the talent but Tis totally dropped the ball. Thoughts ect?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its been mentioned in another thread but I think it deserves its own. The boy is banging them in for fun now... most people here recognised the talent but Tis totally dropped the ball. Thoughts ect?
It was bleddy years ago that we released him and as far as I recall he had a suspect attitude at the time. He’s obviously grown up and has fulfilled much of his potential. But I don’t think it was his biggest mistake by a long shot.

dontpassback

Tisdales biggest mistake was losing to Blackpool and then Coventry at Wembley,!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't Norwood used to eat haddock and chips before a game ?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Easy with hindsight. At the time he was a liability, and has been conference standard for most of the time in between. Happy for him to have finally started realising potential.

Tisdale's biggest mistake? This wouldn't even get into the top 250! See Watson, Saunders, Logan (about 5 contract renewals too many) and every other reject he signed when no one else wanted them. And that was just his recruitment mistakes.

Pobbop

As others have said, it's taken many years for him to get in this position.

Kieffer Moore would be my shout, on trial and wanted to come here by all accounts. Could be worth Millions now. We went wiith Clinton and Hoskins instead.

Stelios

Pretty sure someone round here might mention Liverpool away team selection(!) (facepalm)

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
#stillfuming

Grecian_Matt

Biggest transfer mistake was not making Noone a permanent signing, if it was true we could of had him for as little as 50K.

I would mention the amount of stupid contract renewals, but there is too many to name.