• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best Exeter Pubs

100milesaway

I grew up in Exmouth but these days I tend to watch Exeter with my young son so not a lot of drinking involved

However, I’ll be looking to partake in a little crawl with a mate for the Cheltenham game and wonder if anyone fancies recommending a 8-10 pub crawl from Exeter central to St James’ Park and back to Exeter Central afterwards !

Any suggestions welcomed!!

100milesaway

I grew up in Exmouth but these days I tend to watch Exeter with my young son so not a lot of drinking involved

I know longer live in Fevon and am not familiar with the local drinking establishments

However, I’ll be looking to partake in a little crawl with a mate for the Cheltenham game and wonder if anyone fancies recommending a 8-10 pub crawl from Exeter central to St James’ Park and back to Exeter Central afterwards !

100milesaway

I no longer live in Fevon and am not familiar with the local drinking establishments

100milesaway

I no longer live in Devon and am not familiar with the local drinking establishments

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ll be looking to partake in a little crawl with a mate for the Cheltenham game and wonder if anyone fancies recommending a 8-10 pub crawl from Exeter central to St James’ Park and back to Exeter Central afterwards !
Are you sure you'll be in any fit state to watch a football match after a skinfull like that?

STURTZ

Staring this thread four times bodes badly for your chances of getting to the ground via several pubs in one piece

100milesaway

Hahaha I know!! And that’s me sober!!!

100milesaway

Ah well it would be more about checking out the pubs than real boozing

10 halves in 10 hours would enable my eyes to still work even at my age

Colesman Ballz

A lot of the City Centre pubs have/are closing to be replaced by bleddy student accommodation, but you could try this :-

1. The Angel Bar across the road from Central Station in Queen St.
2 Farmers Union, further along Queen St by the Clock Tower,
3. The Fire House, New North Road.
4. The Black Horse, Longbrook St.
5. The Well Tavern, Well Street.
6. Pre match, The FECRACE at the SJP. (Half time too if you are sitting in the "Flybe"
Then retrace your steps (or staggering) on the return trip.

100milesaway

Marvellous, thanks very much! Sounds good.