• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The shake up XI thread

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT said in his interview that perhaps some of the players have gotten too comfortable and I expect him to shake things up now. I’m think ahead to the next league game and would like to see something like the setup below:

I’d go 4-3-3

——————Pym————————

Sweeney - Martin - Brown - Moxey

—————Tillson——————

———Law————Collins———

Forte—————————Martin

————Stockley—————

Tillson will do what he does best and sit in the midfield and try to give freedom to Law and Collins to play a bit. I want to see Lee Martin get some starts to see what he’s about and Forte’s pace should see us have more threat but one or both need to get close to Stockley.

I doubt that Taylor will get dropped but I would leave him out and Holmes and Boateng were also poor yesterday so they need to be benched IMO. Not sure Moxey deserves a spot but i just dislike Woodman so kept Deano in for that reason!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moxey has been poor, his passing yesterday was aimless and he seems to have lost some of the aggression that made him such a good player when we first had him, he's really disappointed me since he returned to the club, I'm not a fan of Woodman either, I'd like a left back with a lot more pace, it really is a toss up between those two however in terms of performances so far this season Woodman has been better than Moxey imho. Moxey doesn't deserve to be starting at the moment.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
MT said in his interview that perhaps some of the players have gotten too comfortable and I expect him to shake things up now. I’m think ahead to the next league game and would like to see something like the setup below:

I’d go 4-3-3

——————Pym————————

Sweeney - Martin - Brown - Moxey

—————Tillson——————

———Law————Collins———

Forte—————————Martin

————Stockley—————

Tillson will do what he does best and sit in the midfield and try to give freedom to Law and Collins to play a bit. I want to see Lee Martin get some starts to see what he’s about and Forte’s pace should see us have more threat but one or both need to get close to Stockley.

I doubt that Taylor will get dropped but I would leave him out and Holmes and Boateng were also poor yesterday so they need to be benched IMO. Not sure Moxey deserves a spot but i just dislike Woodman so kept Deano in for that reason!
I quite like your selection, although I'd play Woodman for a couple of games. Ogbede must also be seriously considered.

Stelios

——————Pym————————

AN Other - Martin - Brown - Woodman

——Taylor——Tillson——Law————

——Forte——Stockley——Jay

Pretty horrible lack of width in this one!

Or if Forte not fit:

——————Pym————————

AN Other - Martin - Brown - Woodman

Martin—Law—Tillson—Ogbene

——Stockley—Jay——

Last edited:

denzel

Stelios, the second line up won't work as he will never drop Taylor. Which is a shame as he is probably the most 'comfortable' at the moment.

Interestingly Sweeney has gone backwards, I've liked him in previous seasons but not recently. Is it a coincidence that previously we had Wilson and Stacey competing at right back, not sure who we have to cover at the moment. Oates?

Definitely like to see more of Ogbene though.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harsh on Sweeney I'd say, he isn't the quickest and can get exposed by pace however this is nothing new, he was poor yesterday however I think he has been decent enough so far this season.

I'd like to see him getting forward more.

manc grecian

If Forte isn't fit

Pym

Sweeney (only just made the cut)
Martin
Brown
Woodman

Tillson (hate myself)
Taylor
Law

Ogbene
Stockley
Martin

If Forte plays I'd play Taylor and Martin as the wide players and Tillson and Law as the two centre mids.

It might take Taylor a couple of Windows to get the players he wants. Some pace in the full back areas and a decent defensive midfielder who can play a bit would be ideal.

Grecian2K

Moxey doesn't deserve to be starting at the moment.

Didn't you used to miss Moxey (in a former existence)?

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't you used to miss Moxey (in a former existence)?
They say you should never go back !! (rofl)

Oliver

Sweeney-Boateng-Moxey-Law were abysmal on Saturday, as was Holmes. I would like to see Oates at RB, Woodman at LB, Lee Martin and Collins in their places along with Ogbene. The ammount of crosses that Lincoln put in with no intervention from either full back was a joke, Sweeney IS NOT a right back, we have signed one from Hereford for goodness sake play him.