• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Lincoln City MDT 01/09/18

Corey

First vs Third. Should be a tough test.

ExeterCityLad

Come on city. Beat me by a minute. I had a 100% win record on match day threads this season so on your head be it. 2-0 city I reckon. Utc

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gonna be a very tough match and I get the feeling that Lincoln is becoming a big, physical side which might give us a battering. Our midfield is pretty skillful but a bit lightweight. We need to
be at our very best to get 3 points.

Rog H K

Expecting a full house today. Weather should be good. Last home game before kids go back to School. Both clubs up there too.
Heard the Sorry Head (Old Horse and Dray) Black Boy road is not going to reopen now after what looked like refurbishment and wall strengthening. Well st tavern is still closed too (The Brook Green) so Red Square will be a lively honey pot today. Don't forget to sample the Grecian Ale in the Centre Spot at the real ale bar!

Egg chasing is on at 4:30. Trains from St Davids calling at St James Park Today before KO (Via Central) are;
d13:16 a13:22
d13:51 a13:57
d14:16 a14:22

Exmouth to SJP
d13:55 a14:21
d14:25 a14:50

Safe trip down the Fosse Way to our Lincoln visitors today, hoping you're not top at the end of the day(smoke)

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Come on City, let's show Lincoln we are just as formidable as last season, I've got bleddy shingles, so need cheering up UTC

SomeSunnyDay

Hopefully a big crowd, a decent win, plenty of sunshine and lots of fanzines sold! UTC

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
End the week on a high by thumping that lot back up the motorway again please you mighty reds.

UTC

iscalad

Hopeful of a repeat of our last game, but I would expect Lincoln to be around the automatics at the end of the season.

David Treharne

Cloudy and dull today (that's just the weather!) It's 19c with a breeze blowing from SSE at about 2-3. Distinct lack of sunshine and grey and overcast. No rain in the last 24 hours - so sprinklers will be on. The pitch looks to be in good condition, but then it should at this point in the season. Think it's going to be a tough old game, but one we can win if the key players turn up and play to their full potential. Wondering whether any of the 'youngsters' will make the bench today?

Update at 13:00 just before I stroll off to get my copy of SSD.

Stelios

Do Lincoln fans/staff/players see this as a 'grudge match' following the Playoff loss and pitch invasion?

Depending on your point of view the scenes after the match were either nasty/unpleasant/OTT or just over exuberant high jinks blown out of proportion.