• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Newport County League Division Two (AKA 4th Division) Prediction Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
After all the euphoria of the League cup and two league wins to start the season we move on to Saturday.

Both teams had good results in the cup last night, Newport's away to Cambridge and notching 4 goals whilst going about it. They lost their first match against one of the promotion favourites Mansfield away then beat Crewe at home 1-0 currently 16th after two matches which tels you nothing really. They do have a strike force of Padraig Amond (already notched 3 this season) and Jamille Matte (former greenie loanee) with Mickey Demetriou supplying their support.

Whilst not as comprehensive a victory as I would have anticipated at the start of the season I still think we shall win 2-0 Goals from Stockley and Forte 4489 in attendance with Newport taking up their full allocation.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the all round (and well deserved) positivity will be too much for Newport. The blend of the squad is really strong, and, although Newport will probably be a tough nut to crack, I reckon another win is on the cards. Predicting 3-1 with 4,200 in attendance. Stockley, Holmes, Abrahams off the bench

Ashford Grecian

2-1 home win maintaining the surprisingly good start to the season

ExeterCityLad

Exeter City 4-0 Newport

ExeterCityLad

2-1 home win maintaining the surprisingly good start to the season
Glad you've decided to predict a win for a change, but it's not a "surprisingly good start", it's an expected start by those who were not brainwashed and delusional by their love of Tisdale.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you've decided to predict a win for a change, but it's not a "surprisingly good start", it's an expected start by those who were not brainwashed and delusional by their love of Tisdale.
I was reading a few pre-season prediction things yesterday, and came across this one:

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/the-sportsmans-2018-19-league-two-predictions

One of the pundits, Russell Palmer, predicts us to be relegated (!!!):

Russell Palmer said:
I'll have a dabble on Exeter to drop like a stone following the departure of Paul Tisdale who did wonders to get this group into the play-offs last year.
Another, Jack Porter, under "Surprise Package", says:

Jack Porter said:
Exeter City

But not in the way you think. Their awful play-off final against Coventry City will leave the Grecians demoralised and unmotivated, with the further added loss of Paul Tisdale, and if they stop treading water, they could become involved in a relegation scrap. Admittedly, a bit of an out-there prediction after their fourth place finish in 17/18.
I know two games plus one League Cup match are hardly the best barometers, but I wonder if either of them are starting to sweat over these predictions.

Colesman Ballz

I was reading a few pre-season prediction things yesterday, and came across this one:

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/the-sportsmans-2018-19-league-two-predictions

One of the pundits, Russell Palmer, predicts us to be relegated (!!!):

Another, Jack Porter, under "Surprise Package", says:

I know two games plus one League Cup match are hardly the best barometers, but I wonder if either of them are starting to sweat over these predictions.
I hope that they both own a "tasty" line in headgear ! If not perhaps they could ask Tiswas for a few of his cast offs. :)

GJW

3-1 to Exeter. Keep on rolling.

IndoMike

4-1 City.................

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Mate is a County fan and he doesn't much fancy their side this season. 2 or 3-0