• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Ipswich League Cup Prediction thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No extra time in this round so straight to penalties after 90 minutes if the game is level.

I'm predicting a 1-1 draw with City exiting the competition after losing on penalties.

New beer to try in the real ale bar https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/grecianale/

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
City will win it 2-1. Jake Taylor (43rd minute) and Tristan in the 91st minute.

Terryhall

Suspect that Ipswich will rest some key players and that might give us a chance if we play a strong side. That said if we also rest key players, then I think Ipswich will have enough about them. I reckon it'll be a goal either way that settles it and will come off the fence to predict 2-1 for Ipswich. Hamon in goal for us.

ExeterCityLad

Think we'll win 3-1.

Was it not this exact fixture where we heard the tragic news about Stanno in 2010? R.I.P.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s definitely winnable. Ipswich are a team in transition much like us and they will make a few changes.

Suspect we will rest on or two and would like Martin and Abrahams to get a start.

I’ll go for an optimistic 1-0 win. Boateng screamer.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tristam Abrahams scoring against Ipswich will give hero status back at Norwich City!

GJW

I think it will be a goal feast with a good battling performance against Championship opposition, but think we will lose 2-3. Back to winning ways at the weekend. I believe they will put out a strong squad as they have not had the best of starts and a lot of their players have not really bedded in this season and need more match time playing together. A win for them is the boost they need going into the weekend.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Deafgrecian3

I feel confident enough to see the grecians snatch a win against them, 2-1 Boateng screamer and Stockley scorpion kick!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster