Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Team for Ipswich

Re: Team for Ipswich

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    If memory serves me right it was two legs in those days and we lost away at Anfield 5-0.
    Yep, went there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily Exiled View Post
    Pym
    Oates - A. Martin - Croll - Woodman
    Sparkes - Tilson - Taylor - L. Martin
    Jay - Stockley

I understand putting out a strong team for the FA Cup, there's money in it. Even the big teams won't fill their stadiums for the later League Cup rounds, so going through really doesn't mean much.
    Well done temp, no Oates or Sparkes but otherwise spot on

Quote Originally Posted by budegrecian View Post
    Nicky Law will obviously be out so Tillson can start instead of him. I would then look to rest some of the over 30's; Woodman can replace Deanno, without really weakening the defence; Lee Martin can replace Lee Holmes, who rarely plays two games a week; Abrahams can start in place of Forte, again this doesn't really weaken the side. Other than that, I wouldn't make too many other changes; this is still a game we want to win.
    Ah I wish I had said it when I agreed with your analysis. As you have correctly named the four players left out and three out of the four brought in, it is clear you are Matt Taylor and I claim my 5.

One of my better efforts, for a change, although I think Matt Taylor's team selections are certainly easier to predict than his predecessor!

Think Matts team selection was spot on, played other players from the squad (inc Woodman!), rested some of our nailed on first teamers and, most importantly gave some kids a run out. Perfect, and we won as well!

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Think Matts team selection was spot on, played other players from the squad (inc Woodman!), rested some of our nailed on first teamers and, most importantly gave some kids a run out. Perfect, and we won as well!
    TBH I think that resting some of our better players really stuck in the throat of Mr Hurst after watching the twitter video.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    TBH I think that resting some of our better players really stuck in the throat of Mr Hurst after watching the twitter video.
    Yeah "They even took off their good players, brought on kids and still beat us, boo hoo" or something like that.

Not the only one mind, Nicholson on Radio Devon said that Taylor had signalled his beliefs that the cup wasn't as important as the league and he was happy to lose when he brought them on!
    Last edited by STURTZ; 15 August 2018 at 18:18.

Well done temp, no Oates or Sparkes but otherwise spot on
    Or Croll...

Yeah "They even took off their good players, brought on kids and still beat us, boo hoo" or something like that.

Not the only one mind, Nicholson on Radio Devon said that Taylor had signalled his beliefs that the cup wasn't as important as the league and he was happy to lose when he brought them on!
    Are you sure Nicholson said that, because if he did it was a blatant lie. On Devon Live Taylor said exactly the reverse. This Nicholson bloke should not be used again if he makes comments like that.