• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lego St. James Park, Part 2.

cuzman1977

Some of you might know and have seen my monstronsity that I made a few years ago. Anyway, that was long broken up in disgust of how wrong I did it. Totally inaccurate.

For those who are unaware, here is the original thread. http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?45925-Lego-St-James-Park . The original pictures on that thread were hosted elsewhere on a server which time lapsed, and are since lost, so here's a small taster or what once was.

Now I am doing it again with our new-fangled two sides as well. I hope to be finished the day the "new ground" is finished, but we'll see. I'm off to a slow start already, but don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge. I'm trying not to lose my head.

cuzman1977

Effort number one, trying to fill the insides in with Mega Bloks (to save money and be a "cheat"). Trust me, don't mix Lego with Mega Bloks. Everything you make will mysteriously split apart for no reason like a bomb going off. This is the Big Bank, of course.

cuzman1977

After an evening leaving it be, I mysteriously found that it cracked up and wouldn't stick back together, no matter how hard I pressed the bricks down. Therefore I decided it was the fault of the Mega Bloks (so-called Lego-compatible and cheaper bricks). I stripped it down to bare Lego.

cuzman1977

Building it up a bit now. Lots of tinkering needed. Not too happy with the diagonal angle on the left hand side, so will need to sort that. I'll keep you updated.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best. Thread. Ever.

Bongo1959

Do you have little supporters ��

StroudGrecian

I hope you're not smoking in your bedroom.

Antony Moxey

This is genuinely the only thread worth following on Exeweb.

flakey pasty

This is genuinely the only thread worth following on Exeweb.
Yes it is. No egos.

STURTZ

Can't understand why you haven't built up more to the left, there's plenty of base board and we could have had a couple of hundred more legomen in there. Missed opportunity.