• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The NOG: Verdict...?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what did my chums think of our latest erection? Extremely smart looking I thought.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks smart, as someone else said, boxes at the top would be nice but would involve a cantelever (how the hell do you spell that?) or increasing the depth of the stand.

Be nice if it was a bit longer though...

ExeterCityLad

Looks smart, as someone else said, boxes at the top would be nice but would involve a cantelever (how the hell do you spell that?) or increasing the depth of the stand.

Be nice if it was a bit longer though...
Cant be longer

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whoosh for one please barsteward.

PeteUSA

I think the length issue was made glaringly apparent today, but we've known for a very long time that it couldnt have been constructed any longer at the depth that it is. I dont think it'll ever be made longer, even if tapered in my lifetime. I think therefore that what ultimately fills that gap will be key. Its hard to judge how it'll look with everything in place, so hopefully that'll be done sensibly. I would like to see the camera and radio boys re-located to alongside that stand, but I guess that'll never happen either?

I think the length issue was made glaringly apparent today, but we've known for a very long time that it couldnt have been constructed any longer at the depth that it is. I dont think it'll ever be made longer, even if tapered in my lifetime. I think therefore that what ultimately fills that gap will be key. Its hard to judge how it'll look with everything in place, so hopefully that'll be done sensibly. I would like to see the camera and radio boys re-located to alongside that stand, but I guess that'll never happen either?
Accrington have a stand up one side that's only three seats deep , considerably worse than Lincoln's Uni Stand/////both tinpot but there for the use of when necessary

Langer

When the ball went down one of the gaps and Holmes ran into recover it I think he should of run out the other gap further along gaining an advantage.

Oldsmobile-88

Accrington have a stand up one side that's only three seats deep y
Been demolished..A new stand is being built.

RobG

Should have brought it to a triangle and filled the sides in, job done. Then again, should fill all the sides of the stands in anyway to keep the noise in and feel like a stadium.

Matt Russell

Forget the noise, it's not a proper ground if you can't kick the ball out of it.