• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vital Lincoln City - League Two Season Preview 2018-19 (Part One)

Vital Lincoln City

Vital Lincoln City - League Two Season Preview 2018-19 (Part One):
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/vital-lincoln-city-league-two-season-preview-2018-19-part-one/

Temporarily Exiled

Maybe the information is good for other clubs, but it's hard to believe that's the case when a basic fact (the length of Stockley's contract) is incorrectly stated.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
An interesting read but it has one very important fact wrong.

Jayden Stockley is not out of contract next summer. We were told last summer that he’d signed a 3 year deal and others on this board ( much credit to Grecian Max) duly turned up the references. The selling club Aberdeen specifically wrote that it was a 3 year contract as did our local paper.

( perhaps understandable that the Lincoln boys got this wrong; there has been a misreport this summer of a two year contract and presumably that was what they took as a source)

Oldsmobile-88

Excellent read on all teams in L2....I did not know that Bury were in such dire financial straits.

1,470 season tickets sold..Is that up or down from last season ?

iscalad

Excellent read on all teams in L2....I did not know that Bury were in such dire financial straits.

1,470 season tickets sold..Is that up or down from last season ?
When I picked up my tickets last week, I was told slightly up on last season.

denzel

Good research. Though I can't agree with the assessment of Lincoln going up automatically. Akinde is a good signing but his goals alone aren't enough, as Barnet will testify.

Notts County, Mansfield and Swindon for me.

It will be an interesting season though.

Vital Lincoln City

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Robbie Simpson - one of our better players? Really

Oldsmobile-88

Interesting reading about Oldhams off field issues...Northampton & the missing £10m for the new stand that the council loaned them :D..

Robbie Simpson to be fair,had that nasty broken ankle for a large part of his time with us..Time will tell how well he does at MK Dons..

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting reading about Oldhams off field issues...Northampton & the missing £10m for the new stand that the council loaned them :D..

Robbie Simpson to be fair,had that nasty broken ankle for a large part of his time with us..Time will tell how well he does at MK Dons..
I acknowledge that he did have the injury but even before that, despite appearing to be a really decent chap, you would never have classified him as one of our better players, particularly as we had realeased him. Likewise, personally, I wouldn't have assessed Ryan Harley in his second spell as one of our better players on his day he was but they were getting few and far between last season.

My worries on the Tisdale poaching front would have been Christy, Jordan Storey, Troy, Jake, Hiram and Jayden and possibly Lee Holmes. I also believe that MT has replaced (on paper) them with better quality experienced players.

Interesting to read that Christy has a good relationship with our new goalkeeping coach already https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/christy-pym-match-preview/