Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust AGM 2018

Re: Trust AGM 2018

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Personally I am loathe to criticize the Trust Board as individuals since firstly they did dismantle the rock on City's back that was Tis' roller and secondly they do much more for the club than I do.
    It was the Trust members that dislodged the Tis roller with the AGM Resolution which the Trust Board did not support and actively resisted. After it was passed the Chair (Martin Weiler) did say at a follow up TB meeting that the vote must be respected and as events have turned out the TB seems to have pressed the matter to a conclusion. So, some credit to the TB on this, but mainly the credit belongs to us, the great unwashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    It was the Trust members that dislodged the Tis roller with the AGM Resolution which the Trust Board did not support and actively resisted. After it was passed the Chair (Martin Weiler) did say at a follow up TB meeting that the vote must be respected and as events have turned out the TB seems to have pressed the matter to a conclusion. So, some credit to the TB on this, but mainly the credit belongs to us, the great unwashed.
    I stand corrected. What I didn't know was that the Trust Board implemented the decision of the members somewhat under protest : I don't remember seeing that info before. Hm.

It was the Trust members that dislodged the Tis roller with the AGM Resolution which the Trust Board did not support and actively resisted.
    Not all of them!

Back to the trust members who are standing down; I feel they've been in situ long enough. Whats the saying: Familiarity breeds contempt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    Not all of them!
    Sorry Pete. There were honourable exceptions as you point out. My comment was on the approach of the TB as a body at the AGM to resist the Resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Back to the trust members who are standing down; I feel they've been in situ long enough. Whats the saying: Familiarity breeds contempt?
    Can we look forward to your manifesto then?

Surely it will be "Make City Great Again !"

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by iscalad View Post
    Can we look forward to your manifesto then?
    Only 2 items on that agenda ... The gap and can the Trust influence our goalies.

It was the Trust members that dislodged the Tis roller with the AGM Resolution which the Trust Board did not support and actively resisted..
    So, the elected Trust representatives who, presumably, were in possession of the facts yet bound by confidentiality, didn't judge it to be such a debilitating 'rock on City's back'. The overriding result, in effect, is ill-informed mob rule, which can't be healthy in any organisation.

Before anyone suggests otherwise, I'm fully supportive of the new manager, just not comfortable with the manner of the departure of the previous incumbent, particularly the part the Trust played in it.

To be honest, we've been through this over and over and over again until the cows come home. Tisdale's happy cos he's sure to be earning much more at MKD and has got his rolling contract
    and I would suggest the majority of fans are either happy or don't care. The termination of Tis' (rolling) contract was all above board and done democratically. Can't we leave this topic soon : it really is getting very boring.