• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM 2018

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Club accounts are more interesting assuming we get to see some extracts.
I am expecting that to be the case, and look forward to seeing them in a fortnights time.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was going to post a link to the AGM papers but can't find it :(

Hopefully plenty of Exewebbers in attendance on Saturday morning. Early start for me.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Alistair20000

Graham Deasy standing down as Trust secretary. I wonder if Pate will be applying for the job ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's one hell of a profit that the Club made last year!

David Treharne

Sorry there's been so little comment on this event. Given the stultifying nature of AGM's I thought this one went well, and moved forward several issues that confront us as a Trust owned Club. Thought the Chair's speech was much more positive (and coherent) than some that he's given over the last five years, and though he's obviously exercised by the constraints that Trust ownership brings he seemed much more at ease with what's going on - and also gave hints that he doesn't see this role lasting much into the foreseeable future. Glad that the current Secretary has resigned. Promises made about several long standing issues like shares and the nature of the rules - with some long needed definitions about what certain phrases and words mean within the context of the current set-up. I withdrew my motion, but have been invited to the meeting on 12th November to discuss ways forward, mainly to do with costings - and hopefully not a refusal to look at the more contentious parts of what I think ought to be reviewed. Oh, yes and we had AOB. I'd hope that someone else will feel free to write about the initial findings of the fans survey, though my own take on it remains that if you ask questions using a lickert scale of 1-5 you'll get the woolly outcome and generalisations that were presented at the meeting. Lots more teasing out of information to do on the results. On the other hand the response rate was impressive. Er that's my take on it. Any other views?

IndoMike

That's one hell of a profit that the Club made last year!
IINM it's the Trust finances, isn't it. not the club's?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
IINM it's the Trust finances, isn't it. not the club's?
I was talking about the Club's accounts.

IndoMike

I was talking about the Club's accounts.
Oooooh. Sorry