• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM 2018

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Will be on Saturday 27th October (Forest Green at home).

Any one interested in putting themselves forward for election?

https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/single-post/2018/07/31/Exeter-City-Supporters’-Trust-–-AGM-and-Election-Details-2018

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I assume anybody wishing to put themselves forward has to live in Exeter or district?

iscalad

I assume anybody wishing to put themselves forward has to live in Exeter or district?
You assume incorrectly. Ever heard of video conferencing. BUT....you do have to be a member of the Trust. :)

David Treharne

I live in hope that this AGM will have both a chance for AOB and also a Chair's address that isn't subsequently altered to cope with non re-election of Board members. It would also be gratifying NOT to have Board members and Trustees leaving the meeting before its conclusion on the pretext of "match day duties". I shall be raising the issue of the verity of Trust Board minutes (if I'm allowed to). In any case, as it's FGR on matchday and we'll probably be playing them half a dozen times this season there will be no rush to leave.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
live in hope that this AGM will have both a chance for AOB and also a Chair's address that isn't subsequently altered to cope with non re-election of Board members
Do you honestly think that the Trust Board will have an AGM this year where AOB is not discussed? I would be amazed if AOB wasn't one of the most prominent items on the agenda this coming year.

It would also be gratifying NOT to have Board members and Trustees leaving the meeting before its conclusion on the pretext of "match day duties"
Are you saying that there are club and trust officials that have previously lied to the Trust AGM about having to leave early? If so that is a serious allegation as it is implying they have acted dishonestly. If you have evidence that any officials have acted dishonestly at previous AGMs, you have a duty to the rest of your fellow Trust members to raise these concerns formally. Perhaps you might like to raise a formal complaint to the Trust about the conduct of these individuals?

Last edited:

barry sansom

Thank you.

Cygnus

I notice from looking at the AGM pack that four current Trustees are standing down, including two who are currently on the club board in Elaine Davis and Peter Holding, so if plenty of new people stand it could be an opportunity to change things on not only the Trust board, but also the club board.

I personally can”t stand as I”m in the process of moving house and changing jobs, so couldn”t devote the time required, but with the club in such good shape I hope a few of you want to, as these are good times to be involved and play your part in helping your club.

As it looks like some of the old guard are moving on with these four leaving, so time to inject some really action into the Trust board!

Matt Russell

I notice from looking at the AGM pack that four current Trustees are standing down, including two who are currently on the club board in Elaine Davis and Peter Holding, so if plenty of new people stand it could be an opportunity to change things on not only the Trust board, but also the club board.

I personally can”t stand as I”m in the process of moving house and changing jobs, so couldn”t devote the time required, but with the club in such good shape I hope a few of you want to, as these are good times to be involved and play your part in helping your club.

As it looks like some of the old guard are moving on with these four leaving, so time to inject some really action into the Trust board!
Four current Trustees standing down does not mean that they won't again be standing for election. Results at the AGM could, repeat could, mean that none of those you refer to as old guard move on.

PeteUSA

Four current Trustees standing down does not mean that they won't again be standing for election. Results at the AGM could, repeat could, mean that none of those you refer to as old guard move on.
How on earth can they be standing down on the one hand, and then be standing again for re-election? In any event, I think its excellent news that anyone from the trust who was associated with the club board during the TT&P era should stand down. Thats one area where we really do need to start over.

Matt Russell

How on earth can they be standing down on the one hand, and then be standing again for re-election? In any event, I think its excellent news that anyone from the trust who was associated with the club board during the TT&P era should stand down. Thats one area where we really do need to start over.
Apart from those who have served a maximum term - nine years I think - all others are allowed to stand again for re-election. Sorry to disappoint!