• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Seymour

Heysham Mike

Following a successful loan period with Bideford last season, Ben Seymour has now joined Gloucester City on a 3-month loan deal.

Temporarily Exiled

Always good to see a player moving up the leagues. And at the same time, it makes me question further why Hartridge stayed in this National League South for a second year...

If Seymour can get goals for Gloucester, he can probably get goals for us. Such a short loan may not be ideal, but I'd assume it can be extended if performances warrant it.

budegrecian

A good step up from Bideford, as Gloucester are in the National League South, the same as Truro.
As mentioned above, by Temp Exiled, if he can continue to score goals for Gloucester he can probably score them for us at League 2 level. This maybe why it's only a 3 month loan deal; MT wants the option to have him back as part of the squad, if he proves himself up there.

Red Bill

Was half expecting to see him make the odd sub appearance based on comments I've heard, so maybe as budegrecian says, matt may well want the option to take him back for the second half of the season

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Started tonight for Gloucester City in a friendly against a Bristol City U23 side. The game finished 1-1 and Ben scored his penalty in the shoot-out that the Tigers lost.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just joined Dorchester Town on a 3 month loan.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ben Seymour's goal for Dorchester yesterday https://twitter.com/DorchTownFC/status/1061398251541327872/video/1

budegrecian

4 goals in 4 games for him so far at Dorchester, according to fellow loanee Harry Kite.
Hopefully this has restored his confidence after his spell at Gloucester, which wasn't so successful.

Terryhall

Good stuff. Hope he has a solid loan spell, and when he comes back to us, we get to Seymour Ben at SJP.

(sorrynotsorry)

Ben needs to be playing in a 'footballing' side. There's no surprise he struggled to score many at Gloucester. When I saw him playing there, they played him up front and smashed the ball up to him, despite the fact he's not a 6ft 4inch big centre forward. He's more of a 'fox in the box' with two decent quick feet.
Dorchester may be a better fit for him.