• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale says players in Devon don't get recognised.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry to bring up Tisdale again, but he has said that players in Devon don't get recognised (....on a national level, I assume he means). Is he right?

Antony Moxey

Given that during the previous two transfer windows we sold more talent than the rest of the division combined I’d suggest he’s talking tripe as usual.

IndoMike

Given that during the previous two transfer windows we sold more talent than the rest of the division combined I’d suggest he’s talking tripe as usual.
That's what I thought. Don't see what he was getting at with that one.

iscalad

Christy Pym and Matt Grimes got England Under 20 call ups.

Spoonz Red E

Tis's actual quote was "Often when you are out on a limb in Devon, the players possibly aren't readily viewed as in the rest of the country" and it was said in relation to JMT.
Which is different to the decontextualised version we're in danger of attributing to him and vilifying him for on this thread.

IndoMike

Tis's actual quote was "Often when you are out on a limb in Devon, the players possibly aren't readily viewed as in the rest of the country" and it was said in relation to JMT.
Which is different to the decontextualised version we're in danger of attributing to him and vilifying him for on this thread.
On post 826 of the transfer thread I supported Tisdale and said he can claim some credit for the value that Stockley has brought to the club.You may think you are the font of all wisdom, but I don't think you are telepathic and you don't know the intentions of my thread. I quoted from another thread and perhaps wrongly assumed the quote was accurate. The quote in itself is harmless and has been a topic of conversation on Exeweb before, i.e. is it more difficult to attract players to Devon, are we a forgotten outpost etc. I just wondered why Tisdale should bring the topic up now. What was the relevance? It made no sense.
If I want to criticise Tisdale I will do and have done quite openly. I'm not one of these guys who always wants to come across as Mr. Nice Guy.
So, better to read the actual post rather than make your own extreme interpretation of it.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I thought that the Tisdale MK dons thread was for updates ?

ExeterCityLad

I thought that the Tisdale MK dons thread was for updates ?
I assumed that thread was for non-related ECFC discussion - Tisdale & MK Dons.

This was a quote Tisdale made directed at OUR club.

IndoMike

I assumed that thread was for non-related ECFC discussion - Tisdale & MK Dons.

This was a quote Tisdale made directed at OUR club.
Laddie :
1. We're not the only football club in Devon
2. The thread was moved from WOWs by a moderator

I've heard this topic many times before, i.e. that Devon clubs get ignored, and I was simply asking why Tisdale would say that in relation to JMT, unless I misinterpreted, which is possible because I hadn't slept at all during the night due to a construction site which has arisen in the last week literally two yards over the wall.
Photos can be sent on request as proof of said construction in return for earmuffs, surgical masks, and a night watchman

LOG

For those of you who would like to read what Tisdale actually said, didn't assume that to give the OP context you first needed to read one post about Stockley when Tisdale was actually talking about JMT which can be found somewhere within an 86 page thread elsewhere, and would like to see that he was talking about players leaving rather than joining here is a link to the article:

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/playing-devon-limits-recognition-across-1823600