• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'd Be Happy With Mid-Table Or Above This Season

IBA

This will be a fascinating 2018/19 season - Geddon City

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the squad from last season had been kept together than i think ... no i'de be expecting a place in the auto's as it stands maybe we'll sneak a place in the play off's but imo looks like were back to a 'bare bones squad' and everything depends on injuries/match fitness. i know thats always the case but last season thought we had DECENT cover in most positions this season NOT

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
if the squad from last season had been kept together than i think ... No i'de be expecting a place in the auto's as it stands maybe we'll sneak a place in the play off's but imo looks like were back to a 'bare bones squad' and everything depends on injuries/match fitness. I know thats always the case but last season thought we had decent cover in most positions this season not
............not yet

Banksy

Automatics or bust.No crappy playoffs this year with a team set up to draw until the 89th minute pinching a goal just before the full time whistle.
But then , we'll leave that worry to MKDs assuming the genius even gets them that far.

Topsham Boy

Automatics or bust.No crappy playoffs this year with a team set up to draw until the 89th minute pinching a goal just before the full time whistle.
But then , we'll leave that worry to MKDs assuming the genius even gets them that far.
Completely agree. There is no point starting a season thinking mid table mediocrity is a good result. MT surely is putting together a squad with the sole ambition of making the autos. We need 2 or 3 more quality signings to give us cover in all positions.....ASAP please...... and we should be good to go....particularly without the tactical genius of the old cheese to hold us back. This club has to have ambition on and off the pitch otherwise what’s the point....onwards and upwards.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely top of the table is our natural position... now we've got rid of the one thing holding us back (our most successful manager of all time), then we shouldn't have to languish in 4th place and suffer the indignity of losing play-off finals. Its all just about ambition.

... there are some deluded souls on here.

ECFC89

Wondering how long it would take till the messiah, the best manager ever, the best person ever to be brought up.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wondering how long it would take till the messiah, the best manager ever, the best person ever to be brought up.
I'm not Tisdale's greatest fan... but the idea that he was the one thing holding us back and now he's gone, we'll be unstoppable, ambition.... Is idiotic.

IndoMike

I wouldn't be happy with mid-table - i'd be disappointed - but I also wouldn't expect autos or even play-offs in our new manager's first year. However, I am optimistic and think a playoff spot is possible, but not demanded.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale hadn't had a promotion for 10 years, his average league position since we returned to league 2 was around 10th.

For a new manager who thus far has only hand picked four of his own players a top half finish would not be a disaster, our ambition should be promotion though.

It clearly isn't all about league position though, for the most part during the last 4 - 6 years I haven't enjoyed watching us at SJP, our home record last season was excellent however unless I was a loyal ECFC supporter I wouldn't have been going to many games on the back of the ones I went to.

Last edited: