• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World cup final 2018 croatia v france

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who'd have thunk it?

Not sure who I want to win this one. You'd say man-for-man France is the stronger team and IMO everything points to their victory.

However, this is the WC of surprises and you can't rule out Croatia, who have some quality players too. But are they sh@gged out now? Can they
raise their game once again? But will Lovren be able to handle Mbappe, or will he even get a red card?

If I had to bet I'd go 3-1 scoreline for France, but that might be the kiss of death for them.

Lets hope it's a game worthy of the Final.

Bleddy capital letters didn't work and can't edit. Please correct beloved moderators

Last edited:

Banksy

Bet Belgium are kicking themselves now for winning that group game against us and ending up with the harder route to the final.I would have fancied them against both teams.
As it is , I couldn't give a #### now either way.

Stelios

Croatia in full-on siege mentally mode at the moment. Like Italy 2006. All sorts of Croatian FA fraud/corruption 'shenanigans' off the pitch. Court cases etc. Really playing up the "small ickle team from small ickle country of 4m people" . "Everyone underestimates us" (even though many do actually rate them) etc etc . They also have some brilliant players, which always helps....... Not to mention the notorious 'Balkan spirit'. Very very dangerous combination.

Tiredness shouldn't be a factor in these tournaments. You just do lighter training in between games if you go to extra time. They're battle hardened and supremely fit.

Can't work out France (quelle surprise). Rotten one game. Excellent the next. Their defence looked superb against Belgium but they conceded 3 against Argentina.

France wilted and choked in 2016 final. Couldn't beat a Ronaldo-less Portugal at home. In theory, they should learn from that but they're still a relatively young and inexperienced side. Croatia have more experience. We may well see some $hithousery...........

France 'should' win.

grecIAN Harris

Well given who I've got in the Exeweb sweepstake there is only one team for me...……………………….. Come on Croatia!!!!

ORy

There has been a few good east european sides throughout the World cup history. Will we see the first champions tonight?

IndoMike

Mbappe has had a big smile on his face since lining up in the tunnel. Love it

Alistair20000

Croatia looking sharper.

IndoMike

Very unlucky for Croatia..0-1

IndoMike

According to the commentator the first own goal ever scored in a WC Final. Surprising

IndoMike

Wow ! 1-1. Good goal!