• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2018/19

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
An U18s friendly was played on Saturday with Everton. Match report - https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/under-18s-everton-0-city-0/

Nidds

I really hope that Matt uses more of our youth players in the first team. A result like this shows that we should not be bringing in loan players from any academy, even premier league ones. We have to give our players a chance.

Exehausted

I really hope that Matt uses more of our youth players in the first team. A result like this shows that we should not be bringing in loan players from any academy, even premier league ones. We have to give our players a chance.
Me and you could have the same football DNA. I've been saying this for years.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
With a coach called Gribble we should be battering everyone.

Exehausted

As long as he doesn't feel the heat and get out of the kitchen.

budegrecian

Do I take it that Chad Gribble has been appointed to replace Dan Green ? As I thought the post was only recently advertised.
Anyway sounds like an excellent performance by the youngsters; well done.

I couldn't help but notice the mention of Jay Stansfield in the report - is he any relation to Adam?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I couldn't help but notice the mention of Jay Stansfield in the report - is he any relation to Adam?
Yes, he's Adam's son.

tonykellowfan

Realistically almost all U18 players will be nowhere near the required standard to play in the first team.

Yes, he's Adam's son.
If he ever makes the first team, there won't be a dry eye on the Big Bank for his debut...