• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

AFC Bideford vs Exeter U23s - the friendly match day thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No doubt the youngsters will be trying to impress Matt Taylor tonight.

Any one going? Would love to hear how the game pans out and whether we'll get any inkling of what Matt Taylor intends for the first team.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

the dog2

I will be going but probably will not get to the q+a with Matt Taylor

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Team prediction? MT says no senior pros, so ..

Harmon in goal,then the young pros Sparkes,Collins,Hartridge, Kite,Key,Randall, Dean,Seymour, Smallcombe..plus 19 year old Abrahams? Not enough defenders, but a surfeit of attacking and wide midfielders.

On that 11 I think it means Hartridge at CB, and Collins and one other helping out in defence, so

Hamon
Collins Dean Hartridge Randall
Key Smallcombe Sparkes Kite
Seymour Abraham’s

jrg333

On that 11 I think it means Hartridge at CB, and Collins and one other helping out in defence, so
Not sure I've ever seen him play but everything I've read about Archie Collins has led me to believe that he's an attacking midfielder/shadow striker/inside forward. Which means I'd be very surprised for him to take his place in a back four.

Have I been misinformed?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure I've ever seen him play but everything I've read about Archie Collins has led me to believe that he's an attacking midfielder/shadow striker/inside forward. Which means I'd be very surprised for him to take his place in a back four.

Have I been misinformed?
No,but he was pressed into service at right back for the U23s last season,possibly more than once, and acquitted himself well there. and there is currently a gap in the squad for someone to cover Sweeney at right back. jack Stacey was similarly described when he arrived at SJP and is now a League One right back....

nB I am just guessing!

jrg333

A-ha, makes sense. Cheers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Felix Norman and James Hamon are the named keepers for tonight.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
TEAM NEWS: City starting XI: Hamon, A Trialist, Hartridge, Dyer, Dean, Sparkes, Smallcombe, Collins, Seymour, Kite, Randall

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice to see A.Trialist getting another chance