• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ENGLAND V SWEDEN Prediction & Discussion

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Suddenly I am seeing a lot of flags in car windows. (clap)

I am going for a narrow win for our boys with Harry Kane scoring from a penalty.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

Sweden 1-1 England.

Sweden on pens.

StroudGrecian

Sweden 1-1 England.

Sweden on pens. Again.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Good man Stroudy. Stick to a winning formula (y)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Likely to be very tight, neither time concede many (although last two meetings were a four two friendly loss and a three two euro 2012 group win)so we could really do with a first clean sheet in the tournament. Player for player we look far better but expect Sweden to be a very organised unit.

Could be very tough if we went behind, while we won the shootout finally hope we don't have to endure another. The only way I want to see it go to penalties is if we are behind in extra time and facing elimination.

One nil England, sterling finally gets his goal and this time we see it out but not without much biting of nails.

Last edited:

Banksy

I think we'll just pip them , after all they're not outstanding , it's our best chance for years to get to the semis let alone the final.My only worry is that apart from our 'Arry nobody else seems really capable of putting the ball between the sticks.
But we must have toughened up a bit after that shootout the other night.Optimistic...

Last edited:

IndoMike

Sweden 1-1 England.

Sweden on pens. Again.
Is this for the replay?

IndoMike

Gotta be 2-1 England after 90 minutes. It'll be like playing the convent team compared to those awful Colombians and their fatscot walking pharmacy.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

2-0 England. It will take a while to break down a very stubborn Swedish defence but finally The Show Pony will show us a little bit of what he does at Man City and finally score which will then open up the game and the Swedish for 'arry to bag his seventh of the competition.

D__Lo__

Likely to be very tight, neither time concede many (although last two meetings were a four two friendly loss and a three two euro 2012 group win)so we could really do with a first clean sheet in the tournament. Player for player we look far better but expect Sweden to be a very organised unit.

Could be very tough if we went behind, while we won the shootout finally hope we don't have to endure another. The only way I want to see it go to penalties is if we are behind in extra time and facing elimination.

One nil England, sterling finally gets his goal and this time we see it out but not without much biting of nails.
Yeah I'm inclined to agree. Although I'm bordering 50/50 with 0-0 or 1-0 to us.

Can't see the Swedish front-line scoring. They will be a threat from set-pieces though.

Worried about our ability to create too but it'll be a very different defensive performance we're up against, far deeper, more men back and less cynical.

Fancy us on pens again. Would be typical, no win ever then two at once.