Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88

Thread: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

  1. #11

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by scottus86 View Post
    Something more like this?
    -----------------Pym--------------
    ----Brown-Martin-Moxey---
    Sweeney----------------------Croll
    -------Taylor-Boateng-Law---
    -------------------------Forte---------
    ------------Stockley-----------------
    I agree but the left wing back slot is my only concern. If you play five across the middle then the wing back positions are the most vital IMO. They supply the attacking width but they must also be able to get back and defend. They need real pace and a really good engine. Croll hasn't looked at all comfortable out of the middle. Moxey just doesn't have the stamina or pace as was painfully shown at Wembley. If fit, Lee could do well in attack but I wouldn't think he would be anywhere near good enough in defence. Woody I would see as similar to Deano. The final option is a risk, but it's one I think is worth taking and that is young Hartridge. The few times I've seen him play he has shown all of the attributes that I outlined, so he would replace Croll in my line up.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Limbo
    Posts
    12,867

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    In a perfect world we'd get a good right back so that Sweeney could also cover at centre back and another striker. Regarding attacking wing backs : do we have any?

  3. #13
    Pobbop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,420

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    In a perfect world we'd get a good right back so that Sweeney could also cover at centre back and another striker. Regarding attacking wing backs : do we have any?
    No we don't, so not sure why people think we'll be playing with them. Tend to think Sweeney will play conventional R-b, and Woodman/Moxey as L-back

    I think 4-3-2-1

    Pym

    Sweeney
    Brown
    Martin
    Woodman

    Boateng
    Taylor
    Law

    Forte
    Holmes/Harley/Sparkes

    Stockley

    He clearly needs to bring in at least one wing-back before we even think that we'll be doing that, unless there are two youngsters he's ear-marked.

  4. #14
    John William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Be on my side, I'll be on your side
    Posts
    5,962

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by Pobbop View Post
    Pym

    Sweeney
    Brown
    Martin
    Woodman

    Boateng
    Taylor
    Law

    Forte
    Holmes/Harley/Sparkes

    Stockley
    IMO there are too many attacking players in that lineup: it'd be great going forward but offer little protection for the defence - we would be creamed on the break by the better opponents. Unless Tillson keeps his place, one of the other midfield players (? Taylor) is converted to that role, or we sign a specialist DM, with Holmes / Harley / Sparkes on the bench, that team wouldn't succeed.

  5. #15
    memoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    6,270

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    Pym

    Sweeney - Brown - Martin - Moxey

    Taylor - Law - Boateng

    Forte - Stockley - Holmes

  6. #16
    scottus86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Punta Arenas, Chile
    Posts
    1,374

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by memoman View Post
    Pym

    Sweeney - Brown - Martin - Moxey

    Taylor - Law - Boateng

    Forte - Stockley - Holmes
    Pretty much .y opening post but I got the new guy's name wrong.

  7. #17
    manc grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    following through
    Posts
    17,790

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    Think King Matt is stuck playing 4 at the back because he's stuck with woodman, croll and moxey. It would be nice if he could add some young legs down the side of the pitch.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    378

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    Pym
    Sweeney Brown Martin Moxey
    Taylor Tillson Boateng Law
    Stockley Forte

    Subs:
    Hamon, Croll, Woodman, James, Holmes, Harley, Jay

  9. #19
    Pobbop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    2,420

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    IMO there are too many attacking players in that lineup: it'd be great going forward but offer little protection for the defence - we would be creamed on the break by the better opponents. Unless Tillson keeps his place, one of the other midfield players (? Taylor) is converted to that role, or we sign a specialist DM, with Holmes / Harley / Sparkes on the bench, that team wouldn't succeed.
    From what I've heard, Law isn't really attacking, and Taylor is there to be defensive. I dunno, think my team is probably more for home games, perhaps Tilson for one of the more attack-minded players for tougher matches.

  10. #20
    rifraf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    561

    Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

    Roll on PSFs - we will learn a lot from that, and maybe MT also.

    (Terrible with there being no football at the moment ….. oh, hang on?)!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •