Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

Re: Starting 11 for 18/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Pobbop View Post
    I'll say it again, I like the three at the back with two wingbacks, but we just don't have the playersl ATM, unless Taylor knows of two from the youth.
    Agree. Don't think we can class Sweeney as wing back and Moxey can't run up and down the line like he used to.

Yep there's not one wing-back in that squad. I reckon there's only one player who might be able to 'do a job' and he's not been mentioned, Jake Taylor. He probably has the engine without the raw speed but even that is a stretch. Can't see a wing-back formation at all.

I just mentioned him

Think we'll get a new right back, this Hereford bloke looks alrightl

Would leave Sweeny as a squad player, not a great centre half, wonder if he could fit in midfield, good player!

I like sweeney but he not a right back and he too short in a back 4 to be a cb he does well in a back 3

As a squad player he'd probably get a lot of matches, anytime a player is unavailable up the right.

Quote Originally Posted by ecfc-boy View Post
    I like sweeney but he not a right back and he too short in a back 4 to be a cb he does well in a back 3
    MT has said in his latest interview that he wants Sweeney to get forward a lot more this season and put quality crosses into the box while not forgetting he’s still has to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devon View Post
    MT has said in his latest interview that he wants Sweeney to get forward a lot more this season and put quality crosses into the box while not forgetting he’s still has to defend.
    It's a good aim - hope he can achieve it.

Said it before but I'm hoping for a good, injury free season from Lee Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Said it before but I'm hoping for a good, injury free season from Lee Holmes.
    Totally agree. I think we sometimes forget how good a fully fit Lee Holmes is...He’d be like a new signing really.

I’m also really looking forward to seeing a lot more of Jack Sparkes. Seems to have two good feet and can play on either flank. Could be a huge asset off the bench initially.